ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF, MY NAME IS......

2»

Comments

• Options
    High top fade. I remember you. Holley adn I were the weakside hitters with Paul and Ryan Strongside, Junior middle (Ryan hit middle, too) and Doug setting up everyone.

Yeah, I'm more from the Franklin Edwards, Creton Hendricks, Danny Macdonald (you know crazy fucker named Charles Thompson that used to live off that street???) era, but I remember you guys.

Small world, Kevin Laverty.

P.S. Wht brings you here?

• High top fade. I remember you. Holley adn I were the weakside hitters with Paul and Ryan Strongside, Junior middle (Ryan hit middle, too) and Doug setting up everyone.

Yeah, I'm more from the Franklin Edwards, Creton Hendricks, Danny Macdonald (you know crazy fucker named Charles Thompson that used to live off that street???) era, but I remember you guys.

Small world, Kevin Laverty.

P.S. Wht brings you here?

damn franklin thats a name i havent heard in a while, i know creton but not personally....i dont remember charles, but how about domenic thats a crzy ass white boy back in the day....how about Zee, remember howard from back in the day before he god DIP

i knew about this site for 3 to 4 years now, but i never really post just listened to the tunes...there was a post a couple of weeks ago back in the days of toronto...and you posted kingston/markham/eglinton....so that brought me out of the hidden

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Every man for himself basketball. You against 99 (or whateve) guys for a field goal, then if made, 3 free throws (everything is 1 point, sometimes the field goal is 2)) and if you make those you're back to 1 against 99 again. Goes up to 21 and your final point (points in the 2 point field goal case) has to be a field goal.

weird. in america, that's just called "21".

except it's usually not played with 100 people, if that's what you're implying. i don't even know how that'd be possible.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    Every man for himself basketball. You against 99 (or whateve) guys for a field goal, then if made, 3 free throws (everything is 1 point, sometimes the field goal is 2)) and if you make those you're back to 1 against 99 again. Goes up to 21 and your final point (points in the 2 point field goal case) has to be a field goal.

except it's usually not played with 100 people, if that's what you're implying. i don't even know how that'd be possible.

we called it 21, and the one with no fouls was called "rough house"

thank to you for your define-ishion

• Options
    It was usually 10 - 20 guys, but sometimes got huge - I mean, only 10-15 guys would come at you on defense, but there wasn't that much room to move.

21 up here means just shooting with no defense.

K in Canada.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    It was usually 10 - 20 guys, but sometimes got huge - I mean, only 10-15 guys would come at you on defense, but there wasn't that much room to move.

i've rarely played it with more than a half dozen or so. that must be hectic as hell. you guys are

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

i am no means a expert of hakki style food....but from what i was told hakki is a style of cusine that mixes both indian and chinese food....they have chinese restaurants in parts of india....so i guess they just combined the two styles....you should check the chinese spot by kennedy station right beside no frills....ask for the vegtable hot and sour soup....there is another spot hakki joint on ellesmere and somthing call Fredricks....but i dont know if they have any Vegetarian dishes

Hakka - Southern Chinese dialect - the Chinese that migrated to India primarily spoke that dialect although parts of SE Asia such as Malaysia also absorbed numbers from this group... All of the Chinese restaurants I visited in India except for Bangalore were/are Hakka-based - it's not as oily as Cantonese (which is usually what passes for Chinese food in North America except for pockets where Taiwanese immigrants settled); the food itself is Chinese in style, but spiced accordingly to the Indian environment they found themselves in...

• I was friends with a lot of different people in high school - rockers, ginos[/b] , b-boys.

what's a gino?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

That sounds straight up crazy. I can't imagine playing ball with 100 people.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

I was friends with a lot of different people in high school - rockers, ginos[/b] , b-boys.

what's a gino?

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

I was friends with a lot of different people in high school - rockers, ginos[/b] , b-boys.

plaese to explain what a gino is

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

plaese to explain what a gino is

The Ginos of yesterday:

The Ginos of Today:

aKa slang for Italian guy...

• Options

what's a gino?

Usually of Italian, Greek, MAcedonian, etc descent with plenty of Jewelery, frequented the Spectrum on Danforth if they were worth they're salt, often liked freestyle/electro, Camaro Z28 or Mustang 5 Litre was car of preference (would often light it up off hte light), tassled loafers, some were know to were shaker-knit deep V-neck sweaters with no under-shirt (often with bright ccolors like pink and yellow etc), those cotton black dress pants with the white little bits in 'em, liked soccer over other sports...

K.

• we call 'em guidos round here.

• Options
    we call 'em guidos round here.

Recognise/recognize

insurance/"en"surance

Fights with missles and overkills/fights with fists and is polite

• Nah guidos don't fight with missiles they fight WIT FUCKIN BASEBALL BATS OVA HERE!

• Options
    US/Canada reference.

K.