G.U.N. Appreciation Post

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Damn. I've gotta give it up to these cats, I've been rocking both the EP and the Greedy Mixtape and that shit still sounds fresh to me. Thank you Soulman for bringing these cats to light. Both yours and 9thwonder's production seem to fit nicely with thier flow and lyrics.

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i think that i'd like to hear this. is it still available or has it already achieved it's predicted future raer status?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I think TTLab still got it. You NEED this.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    You NEED this.

yeah, major props to Phill for bringing this shit to light

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    hell yeah, major cosignage.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    im not feelin Dat Greedy Mixtape really at all. I think those dudes sound way better on Phils production.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    Damn. I've gotta give it up to these cats, I've been rocking both the EP and the Greedy Mixtape and that shit still sounds fresh to me. Thank you Soulman for bringing these cats to light. Both yours and 9thwonder's production seem to fit nicely with thier flow and lyrics.

i like both....phill's shit is tight..but i also like the Kindness for Weakness joint on the 9th wonder joint

• I think TTLab Good Records still got it.

im not feelin Dat Greedy Mixtape really at all. I think those dudes sound way better on Phils production.

Dollar Circulate is my shit.

Dollar Circulate is my shit.

off the mixtape?

I will give it a listen. I just couldnt get through it... "9th" puts me to sleep most of the time.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I like both the mixtape and the LP. I'm not a fan of 9ths work in general but he's got some shining moments on this jawn. But all in all I like the way they flow over Phill's beats better.

off the mixtape?

yeah.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I like both the mixtape and the LP.
    I didn't know there was a vinyl pressing of this (I only got the CD)

I think AI is talking about the EP.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I think AI is talking about the EP.

Yeah.

My girl really likes some G.U.N. as well...

wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

But seriously she asked me to put this on her iPod.

Oh ok.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    I did a lil spotlight on G.U.N. on Dailysonic, check it out here

its got some ill cuts from The Greedy Ultimate E.P.

thanks again Phill, these dudes are dude.

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts
    Yo Asparagus- thanks for the Dailysonic.com hookup, that ish was tight. The part where dude (or is that you?) talks about "auotodome" & "heemie" is instant classic! Thank you for that.

We are working on a mix cd with alot of (so far) unrealeased stuff we did to Soulman tracks, so be on the lookout for it shortly.

Glad you guys are feeling what we're trying to do. Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling. As long as hip-hop gets wacker, life gets harder, and my son keeps me thankful to be alive; I will have plenty of that deep ish to keep penning fo' yo asses!

First off, your avatar is what's up. Secondly, when is the whole album dropping?

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts
    Tentaviley titled "GREEDYOLOGY", tentatively hoping for a summer 2006 release. But you gotta ask Phill 'bout that one. Dude spends waaay too much time on here & not enough in the lab. But hey, I'll take what I can get from him, knaw mean? This EP release has been a learning process for the whole World Of Beats fam, so we're gonna re-think some steps, make some changes in the approach, release a single or 2, drop a mix-tape, try to get the name G.U.N recognized as much as possible before just throwing the full length LP out there to get passed over. But it's comin', homie.

Vida G. is exxtra ill. No f'ing ?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    But you gotta ask Phill 'bout that one. Dude spends waaay too much time on here & not enough in the lab.

BAN SOULMAN.

(At least until the album's done.)

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    Yo Asparagus- thanks for the Dailysonic.com hookup, that ish was tight. The part where dude (or is that you?) talks about "auotodome" & "heemie" is instant classic! Thank you for that.

We are working on a mix cd with alot of (so far) unrealeased stuff we did to Soulman tracks, so be on the lookout for it shortly.

Glad you guys are feeling what we're trying to do. Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling. As long as hip-hop gets wacker, life gets harder, and my son keeps me thankful to be alive; I will have plenty of that deep ish to keep penning fo' yo asses!

yeah that was me. I got your name wrong though - I called ya GUN but its G-U-N spelled out, right?

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts

yeah that was me. I got your name wrong though - I called ya GUN but its G-U-N spelled out, right?

Yeah, it's spelled out, but it's cool. Thanks for the pub, cuddo.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Well, where my goddamn copy at? CUDDO???

Hip hop is NOT getting wacker. It's getting better than ever. You obviously haven't heard "Laffy Taffy" yet, have you, cuddyright?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I never got around to posting on the last G.U.N. appreciation post.

Phill kindly sent me a stack of cds, which I've shipped around the world. Plus the Vinyl ep which is still getting spins in the shop.

Friendly Fire is my cut.

Dan

Tentaviley titled "GREEDYOLOGY", tentatively hoping for a summer 2006 release. But you gotta ask Phill 'bout that one. Dude spends waaay too much time on here & not enough in the lab.

If you could get that cheap ass bastard who owns your record label to cut me a half decent check for my beats I woulda had your album done three months ago! Oh, wait... I'm the cheap ass bastard who owns your label, aren't I? Well, I still say what I mean and mean what I say. Tell that muthaf*cka f*ck him, pay me.

You know what's really dope though? When hotsauce84 posts right after soma45...

Oh, and BTW, on behalf of G.U.N and myself, thanks to my brutha from anutha mutha Asprin and urrbody else for the appreciation. As a token of our appreciation for the appreciation, here's a sneak advance snippet mix of some stuff (still works in progreess, actually) that may or may not be on that Greedology lp.

http://rapidshare.de/files/6506322/Soulman_presents_G.U.N_-_Unreleased_Tracks_-_Snippet_Mix.mp3.html

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey Soma (godly, meaning of the body),

Where's the tracks at cuddo? I'm ready to hear some 16's from you and the Big Ghate on my tracks!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kalakak

Oh, and BTW, on behalf of G.U.N and myself, thanks to my brutha from anutha mutha Asprin and urrbody else for the appreciation. As a token of our appreciation for the appreciation, here's a sneak advance snippet mix of some stuff (still works in progreess, actually) that may or may not be on that Greedology lp.

http://rapidshare.de/files/6506322/Soulman_presents_G.U.N_-_Unreleased_Tracks_-_Snippet_Mix.mp3.html

Yes...quite a tasty teaser Phill. Please stay off the strut so this can reach our ears ASAP.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    just got the vinyl like some week ago. yes were that slow in sweden! so just mixtapes in the making right now? i want another vinyl ep!!