UPSKIBOO DOES ALICIA KEYS

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
check it: http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XL8FZQQAO8Z41BZKXJPTCSL72...and any comments from boardmembers will be very apreciated!!!peace.

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i like it, exept for the bassdrums. you should remove those double hits and just leave the first one. it sounds kinda stressed like it is now. like theyre not in the groove if you know what i mean.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The usage of "does" was grossly misleading for this thread...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    The usage of does was grossly misleading for this thread...

whasup non, it wasnt meant as disrespect or nothing like that,...

i just fucked a little with the acap version off a 12 inch i found at my local thrift spot called the open heart.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    i like it, exept for the bassdrums. you should remove those double hits and just leave the first one. it sounds kinda stressed like it is now. like theyre not in the groove if you know what i mean.

yo mcdee, thanks for the feedback, i just put this shit together over the last few days so im still checking it, always good to hear comments from other producers (especially swedish ones ).......and the double boo boom, well i think i'll keep it for now, taking that out would imo slow the pace down to much

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Hey mang, I was playing with ya, does can=sex in America (like Debbie Does Dallas, Paris Hilton will do anyone, etc.) I guess it got lost in the Euro-US translation. I like the beat, pretty cool! Pleasantly surprised.
    Peace
    T.N.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    The section from the 40 second mark to 57 seconds in needs to change. YOu need to throw some different chords under that little bridge, the vocals dont fit there. I personnaly would take the double kicks out aswell. Beat was dope though, worked surprisingly well for the most part. Liked the ending too.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

yo mcdee, thanks for the feedback, i just put this shit together over the last few days so im still checking it, always good to hear comments from other producers (especially swedish ones ).......and the double boo boom, well i think i'll keep it for now, taking that out would imo slow the pace down to much

if youre going to keep em you might wanna try to delay the 2nd hit a little bit.. like some ms... im a bit nazi when it comes to drums i guess, but i just wanna help out!