needed: every soft machine album EVER

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
the first one has been a personal favorite for a few years now, seven is fantastic although nothing like the old stuff, and i also have Third and Bundles, but...i really wanna hear the rest. finally got the second album in mp3 form and it is fucking AMAZING. i seriously love this band. how are the albums between third and seven? post-seven?P.S. if anybody's got a spare copy of the second album...PM me asap.

Comments

• if youre familiar with bittorrent sneak around at www.isohunt.com. if my brain doesnt fail i saw some soft machine stuff over there. even some live recordings...

• slushslush 691 Posts
    video for my soft machine lovin homies

i have a couple more kicking around, gotta find them

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    dont front on matching mole either

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    dont front on matching mole either

I still need that damn S/T

I see little red record for days.

i lucked out and copped the two of them from the same dude years back.

slush that video was off the chain.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    video for my soft machine lovin homies

i have a couple more kicking around, gotta find them

Oh yeah, please do! This is so good, and nice quality too. Damn, Mike Ratledge got that druggy-brainiac-on-the-keys look. The sound is very much a la 'Third' from that year. 'Fourth' is also nice. I'm missing a couple of SM's, but they'll turn up soon enough. I also got 'Live At The Proms '70' which was released in '88. Also nice, but a bit too incohesive. Big ups on the vid, Slush.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    Mike Ratledge is my hero

but i cant front on wyatt's hat/hand drum techzzz

• Don't miss the BBC/Peel Sessions live CD...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    how are the albums between third and seven? post-seven?

4, 5, & 6 are all dope. Bundles came out after 7 & I don't really like it so much. there's been a copy of six sitting in a shop down the street for months. 5 bucks. Holler if you want me to grab it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Robert Wyatt-era Softs (first three albums) are some of my favorite shit ever, the rest are okay to good but nothing approaching that level of greatness...

I just caught that Nucleus SNAKEHIPS ETC which reminded me of later Soft Machine material

The First 3 Wyatt solo records are

The First 3 Wyatt solo records are

word

rock bottom is the bomb

not to mention ruth is stranger than richard

Cosign on the soft machine bbc sessions really incredible shit.

I've also got an LP with the sessions they recorded with Giorgio Gomelsky before the first LP.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I've also got an LP with the sessions they recorded with Giorgio Gomelsky before the first LP.

These are the sessions that have been issued numerous times w/diff titles on diff labels right??? Jet=Propelled Photographs etc?

Is Daevid Allen on those? I can't remember... I know he's on the first single...

Jet=Propelled Photographs

thats the one right thur

• hey i love soft machine too. personal faves are 1, 6, 7. i think 5 isn't that great, sort of jazzy and atonal. i think i've never heard 4, but i can't remember.

btw i have an extra copy of one. sort of scratched any one wants it give me their address and i can send it free.

dave

4 is really nice... pretty smoothed out and mellow.

DAAAAAAMMMMNNNNN

killin it... wyatt with the jean cuttoffs and the drumsticks jammed down the back!!!

who's playign bass in this clip looks like ayers??? its not hugh hopper.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

thank you so much for this soft machine is my favorite!!! i can listen to vol 1 & 2 for days. their melodies were so gorgeous and wyatt has such a great voice and is an amazing drummer, probably my favorite drummer next to andrew cyrille and john bonham

seriously wher'd do you guys find this stuff? i have checked for soft machine videos on ebay plenty of times but to no avail

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

You've officially made my day, slush.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    one of their albums contains the sample for the MHE and Ricki Rucker version of Ghostface Killah's "Milk 'Em"... get crackin'!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Don't miss the BBC/Peel Sessions live CD...

cosigned...its a double disc!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

4, 5, & 6 are all dope. Bundles came out after 7 & I don't really like it so much. there's been a copy of six sitting in a shop down the street for months. 5 bucks. Holler if you want me to grab it.

id be interested in the $5 copy...yeah bundles..isnt so great. but 7 is amazing!

is 6 pretty comparable to seven? or what?

what's "Softs"..is that 5? or 4? or something completely different?

id be interested in the $5 copy...yeah bundles..isnt so great. but 7 is amazing!

is 6 pretty comparable to seven? or what?

I'll pick it up. It's good, maybe not as good as 7, but similar.