king sun, son!

ayejayayejay 24 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
has anybody heard a king sun cut called "blackberry brandy"???if so, got it on mp3???

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It's called Sippin Brandy.

I'll put it up in the raer rap thread.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Is this a new or old song? King Sun used to seem like a serious Muslim on his old records and in his old videos. Is dude really doing songs about drinking alcohol?! THAT would be crazy, a hypocritical rapper.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Is this a new or old song? King Sun used to seem like a serious Muslim on his old records and in his old videos. Is dude really doing songs about drinking alcohol?! THAT would be crazy, a hypocritical rapper.

This came out around '91 or '92 I want to say...but yeah man, it's definitely on some "yo bartender, another brandy" tip. Love the tune, hella hard to find. I heard this came out on two different labels...is that true? I can't remember which label I have (I think it's King Sun's own)...what was the other label?

• ayejayayejay 24 Posts
    damn, thanks o dub!
    and as always, you need some art, challer at yr boy.
    thanks for being open to review the coloring book (dont think it happened)

• 'sup ayejay~

I got your g-rap coloring book through the Groove Merchant. Dope. dude you even put King Tee in there...

• ayejayayejay 24 Posts
    s'up too!
    gotta have king tee (speaking of kings in this thread) esp. because the picture is so great (word to glen e. freidman)i thought having folk like that was important (same w/ esham, dj screw,etc)maybe some older kids would learn something new....

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
    BIG SHOUT OUT to KING SUN.I remember driving by FOODTOWN in NEWARK N.J.and KING SUN was rolling 10 deep with a 40 in his hand back in 91.