Pete Rock and Jer2

2»

Comments

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

the guy who really impressed me was jazzy jeff. dude spun for 2 hours+ and killed it.
    Cosign...I saw that dude get biz in Philly years ago. Had the whole crowd going nuts.

he was using final scratch, didn't miss a beat (ok somebody bumped the table and skipped him once), but for real..at 40 something, dude is still on point and can rock any party til the break of dawn.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    JUST TO BE CLEAR

When I invited you over to listen to Ant Banks I thought you were a Canadian babe not some mustachioed dude in a referee shirt and shit!

play em and i will gladly have the best time of my life.

• hey any chance of getting kon and I down there to dj? we're coming out with an LP on BBE next april 2006.
    amir

Sorry mate, had to get some kip.

Hmmm... Dude, considering my crew all have your CDs & 12'' re-edits.... Shit, tapes even.
    And we're bring out J-Live in Dec, the potential is pretty high...

But if you have something coming out on BBE that would be perfect.
    I'll ask what the haps is...

We've had these people at our night/or done shows with:
    The Bamboo's
    MISTA SINISTA
    DJ KOOL HERC
    MARK RAE & PETE SIMPSON
    PEANUT BUTTER WOLF
    KEB DARGE
    DJ ZEPH
    TIME MACHINE
    MR THING
    MYSTRO
    SARAH LOVE
    YOUNG EINSTEIN
    PAUL NICE
    MADLIB
    KOOL KEITH
    and loads more....

• i feel ya dee. we all have bad nights or days..it just happens. but one last thing, his record collection isn't all from mad money and travelling. don't forget his pops was a dj, and he q-tip, large pro, juju, vic, and lord finesse used to rape NY for records years ago.
    amir

• In all honesty, I am usually dissapointed by some of the bigger DJs that I hear when I check them in a live performance. Like seriously dissapointed.

cosign. i saw preemo DJ in philly for the scion tour this past year and i was utterly disappointed. just a lot of chatter and needle dropping. maybe i expected too much, but it was more like: "when i say hip, you say hop"...ol' dirty rest in peace! y'all remember this joint? (then drops livin' proof, biggie, mos def, every other preemo production).

the guy who really impressed me was jazzy jeff. dude spun for 2 hours+ and killed it. there was some other dude from philly called charlie blast that just murdered doubles of a bunch of old biz stuff and big daddy kane....

Yeah I've seen Primo twice down here & it was both the same.
    Some rock shit, him yelling out 'this is the real shit, this is real hip hop', on & on & on... slopping off-beat mixing & yes, 95% was of his own productions. An AC/DC track to show that he was 'down' with us Aussies. Was very unispiring & a tad dissapointing...

Whereas Jazzy Jeff was like a scratch/juggling/blending maniac & played for 4 hrs even though he was only booked for 2. Dripping with sweat the whole time working hard. Even throwing in the odd Tuff Crew track. He just kept going & never mentioned or asked for more money. And he was a straight up dude on fire.