How Big will the Bun B album Be?

2»

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    true. Bun B seems to be a legend in the TX/South. I'm talking about he'll be a "has been" to the dudes who got into him in the past year.

so? what does that have to do with the 500,000+ people who bought ridin' dirty?

They're could be literally buying drapes, wearing them around town and thinking "hey, I'm draped up".

i don't quite understand what you're suggesting with this image. but it made me laugh.

Same goes for Mac Mall. All the little dudes with the "thizz in peace" bumper sticker will be on some "dude, it was just a phase in my life....turn up the 'Yo Lo Tengo'".

you do mean mac dre, right?

from the article:

before Tupac Shakur... a Texas duo named UGK released an album called "Too Hard to Swallow."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i will be purchasing this and the new depeche mode cd tomorrow

...in order to do some "sweet mashups"?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i will be purchasing this and the new depeche mode cd tomorrow

...in order to do some "sweet mashups"?
    In order to appreciate good music.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

i don't know how big this album will be, but this song is wicked! would i get up out of my seat for this? yes. would i ask the driver to please turn that shit up if it came on the radio? yes. (unless it was my mom and then i would say that song and not that shit). would it make me dance in my underwear in public? no.

Honestly I think that I was playing Young Jeezy when this photo was taken.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this album is amazing IMO

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

i don't know how big this album will be, but this song is wicked! would i get up out of my seat for this? yes. would i ask the driver to please turn that shit up if it came on the radio? yes. (unless it was my mom and then i would say that song and not that shit). would it make me dance in my underwear in public? no.

Honestly I think that I was playing Young Jeezy when this photo was taken.

i want to go to philly. I cant imagine this sort of night going down in l.a.

glad you liked the track!

• can we talk about the origin/meaning of "trill" again please?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    And the verdict iz.................................

Could someone give me an honest(nodickridin')critique of the Lp?

Neither as good as most of us had hoped, nor as bad as some of the people that are disappointed in it have made it out to be.

I think a lot of people--including me--were hoping that it would be his Blueprint or his Fix: a very personal album, where he steps fully into the role of rap elder statesman.

It should have been apparent from the interviews he was giving months in advance where he talked about how he was loading it with guest appearances that that wasn't going to happen.

It's a grab bag--some tracks work, some don't. Some--like the one with that white dude--really don't. I still say pick it up.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    it's selling pretty well considering it got minimal promotion.

but yeah everything faux said is true (except for the part about the track with the white dude. i found it to be a masterful synergy of h-town rap and nu-metal artistry)

it's selling pretty well considering it got minimal promotion.

~170K so far

but yeah everything faux said is true (except for the part about the track with the white dude. i found it to be a masterful synergy of h-town rap and nu-metal artistry)

Fix your face after dark... or whatever.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    can we talk about the origin/meaning of "trill" again please?

True + real = Trill

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Neither as good as most of us had hoped, nor as bad as some of the people that are disappointed in it have made it out to be.

I think a lot of people--including me--were hoping that it would be his Blueprint or his Fix: a very personal album, where he steps fully into the role of rap elder statesman.

It should have been apparent from the interviews he was giving months in advance where he talked about how he was loading it with guest appearances that that wasn't going to happen.

It's a grab bag--some tracks work, some don't. Some--like the one with that white dude--really don't. I still say pick it up.

It was sitting in the window of my local wrekasto. I had my eye on it but it
    dissappeared. Iz it On Wax?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    in the late night better get your face right

It was sitting in the window of my local wrekasto. I had my eye on it but it
    dissappeared. Iz it On Wax?

It's on Rap-a-Lot, so I would guess vinyl is promo only and may not include all of the tracks.

in the late night better get your face right

Yes, thankyou--you've obviously spent much more time with that one than I have.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i've now visited three record stores in Toronto, none of which have it in yet. I may have to ask one of my soulstrut friends to send one to me and I will reimburse accordingly. the more i ask around, the less optimistic i am about the vinyl release.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    can we also discuss this line

a bitch know i might just explode and slap her in the face with a pie a la mode

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i've now visited three record stores in Toronto, none of which have it in yet. I may have to ask one of my soulstrut friends to send one to me and I will reimburse accordingly. the more i ask around, the less optimistic i am about the vinyl release.

I was amazed to see a vinyl release of the recent Geto Boys full-length and was hoping this one would be large enough to warrant that treatment as well... but if it doesn't show up this month, expect to see only a promo-only EP... generally between 2-4 pieces of wax they'll cover a lot of the highlights of their albums on vinyl anyway... not that those are east to track down or anything though...

Not quite a la mode, or even pie... but that's definitely a bitch.

Ann Coulter should be shook