Sylvia Striplin Original check

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited March 2005 in Strut Central
Can't Turn Me Away/Give me your love 12" on uno melodic. is there any difference between the original and reissue ?

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    they reeeeeeeal close

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    as far as I know all the reishes say "You Can't Turn me Back" rather than "You Can't Turn me Away" which is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen [there's a pic at TTL in the funk/disco 12" section]

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    as far as I know all the reishes say "You Can't Turn me Back" rather than "You Can't Turn me Away" which is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen [there's a pic at TTL in the funk/disco 12" section]

all the reissues say can't turn me back ? i found one on gemm that says it's a reissue and can't turn me away as well.

oh well. i was psyched to see it at first then that was quickly replaced with a "you probably found the reissue" feeling.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Can't Turn Me Away/Give me your love 12" on uno melodic. is there any difference between the original and reissue ?

I think the label on the OG is slicker with more of an orange tone, whereas the reissue is closer to matte with a more yellow tone... I could have them reversed, though.

I think the label on the OG is slicker with more of an orange tone, whereas the reissue is closer to matte with a more yellow tone... I could have them reversed, though.

thanks ?

btw faux rillz, i always wanted to ask you, why the hell do you have a teddy bear in your avatar ?

thanks ?

btw faux rillz, i always wanted to ask you, why the hell do you have a teddy bear in your avatar ?

Because he is dipped in Louis Vuitton.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

I think that is right. The reissues I've seen have had a yellowish label.

-billb

• as far as I know all the reishes say "You Can't Turn me Back" rather than "You Can't Turn me Away" which is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen

Bizarre, yes...but I would attribute it to the dolt who was
    prepping the labels for the reissue...which is a straight boot
    as far as I can tell. Sounds like crap too.
    The OG is so so so worth buying.

• Can't Turn Me Away/Give me your love 12" on uno melodic. is there any difference between the original and reissue ?

the OG's are a flat yellow.

I believe the re's I'vee seen are pretty much the same...the runoff groove etch is probably the only surefire way to tell on these.

I believe the re's I'vee seen are pretty much the same...the runoff groove etch is probably the only surefire way to tell on these.

Or perhaps you have never, in fact, seen an OG...

what does the runoff matrix thing say on the original ?

why the fuck would they make a reissue so close to the original ?!

• haha...

Yeah I gots an og poptart, let's just say it's all 'relative' .
    Really though, the re is probably decent quality so unless you're reselling it's no mattah.

It's a boot--I think the guys who put it out had exactly one thing in mind, and it wasn't appeasing collectors.

• Can't Turn Me Away/Give me your love 12" on uno melodic. is there any difference between the original and reissue ?

Bootlegging, too much bootleggin' goin on...

I'll check that # for you.

haha...

Yeah I gots an og poptart, let's just say it's all 'relative' .
    Really though, the re is probably decent quality so unless you're reselling it's no mattah.

I'll concede to you, then--I'm at my office, so can't verify.

• Here's what mine has on the "Turn Me Away" side...(all scrawlie no stampie)

UMD 7001-B DRAH-8 P

other side: instead of "P" there is F/WTC and 7001-"A" replaces 7000-b

(finding out this is a re will not be a good look for me? )

U[color:white]R[/color]M[color:white]E[/color]D[color:white]I[/color]7[color:white]S[/color]0[color:white]S[/color]0[color:white]U[/color]1[color:white]E[/color]-[color:white]S[/color]B[color:white]U[/color]D[color:white]C[/color]R[color:white]K[/color]A[color:white]E[/color]H[color:white]R[/color]-[color:white]![/color]8P

Here's what mine has on the "Turn Me Away" side...(all scrawlie no stampie)

UMD 7001-B DRAH-8 P

other side: instead of "P" there is F/WTC and 7001-"A" replaces 7000-b

(finding out this is a re will not be a good look for me? )

sweet. that's what mine says. thanks.