Unidentified Pictures Unappreciation Post

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I can't stand it when we have these threads like "best white drummers" or "hot teevee crushes" or whatever, and some comedian POSTS PICTURES OF THE MOST OBSCURE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WITHOUT IDENTIFYING WHO THEY ARE[/b]. Now how in the hell can we "respect, biatches!!!" without some kind of credit line?? Huh? We supposed to be impressed? That felt good, just thought I'd moan this mess off my chest.

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I can't stand it when we have these threads like "best white drummers" or "hot teevee crushes" or whatever, and some comedian POSTS PICTURES OF THE MOST OBSCURE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WITHOUT IDENTIFYING WHO THEY ARE[/b]. Now how in the hell can we "respect, biatches!!!" without some kind of credit line?? Huh? We supposed to be impressed?

That felt good, just thought I'd moan this mess off my chest.

LOL. That's like a description of this entire site. Except you forgot to mention how a second person will always quote the picture on some co-sign shit, because they recognize the dude from their like 5th birthday, where he/she was making balloon animals or some shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

co-sign

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

cosign. this mug was killin' it at my fourth grade pool party, lipsynching to "mr. t's commandments" butt nekkid and freestylin' over the breakbeat. RESPECT, BEEE-YITCH!!!![/b]

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    that does kinda get u worked up dont it. u called me out in a post when i put up a pic of a young prince. even though the pic was pretty recognizable. but yea, i feel ya, on the obscure pics

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    that does kinda get u worked up dont it.

Ha, ha! No, I don't want to say it totally pisses me off, but some of these photos...even in rekkid collector circles these people aren't all that easy to ID. I mean, Aretha Franklin we know, but somebody else is gonna get all carried away and post a photo of Keanya Collins or Mamie Galore or somebody else whose records we might know, but whose face we've never seen. I don't mind seeing what these folks look like, but we could stand to know who Mr. and Mrs. John Doe are, you know?

u called me out in a post when i put up a pic of a young prince. even though the pic was pretty recognizable.

i dunno, man, prince got rid of that afro pretty early on!

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    yea.. i think i might jus be so accustomed to seein that pic, its def more familiar to me then it is to other people. I feel u tho, 4 sure