PHILLY SHOW....this saturday/october22

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited October 2005 in Announcements
dear soulstrut, plaese dont sleep!!!!!!call my brethren BSK for table/info (917) 754 4724

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    when is the next show?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Yo Tony... you think there's any chance I might be able to procure a table at the last minute (like, the end of the week)? I'm thinking about getting a table and getting rid of some of this excess vinyl that's cluttering the cribspot. But I'm not gonna know if I can do it for sheezy until like the day before. I guess I gotta call BSK to get the answer, but if ya know let me know. Hit me on the PM tip if you must.

• bell- i dont think theres plans yet for a next one. probably in early spring?

phil- i'll call B up and see how things are looking. im sure he can put something on unofficial hold or something. he's doing half tables too (im splitting one with my brother jeff) i'll shout when i hear something, but im sure he'll make room for you regardless. and i picked up 4 carole kings for you this weekend....dont back out on me!!!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    phil- i'll call B up and see how things are looking. im sure he can put something on unofficial hold or something. he's doing half tables too (im splitting one with my brother jeff) i'll shout when i hear something, but im sure he'll make room for you regardless.

Cool. No big deal if he can't hold one for me, though. Is $40 a table right?

• countdown

many new and exciting faces will be manning (and womanning) tables and turntables

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Tone,

Is there any room on the tables for Saturday? I sorta feel like gettin' up there to play a little something for the people. Let me know what it is.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Tone,

Is there any room on the tables for Saturday? I sorta feel like gettin' up there to play a little something for the people. Let me know what it is.

Whoa! I gotta come now to see Drew Easy get loose on the wheels!...

• cutis mayfield marathon!!!!!

drew, call up ben at 917 754 4724

• dayum...i can't believe i can't make it to this AGAIN!!
    oh well, i don't really have $$ anyway and i got some $$ gigs for the weekend so...

but plaese to keep doing this!! peace to all PA and mid-atlantic heads, and beyond!

Thanks, I e-mailed dude. Man, I didn't realize Ray and T registered on the same day. Looks like we got some Strut Reg Day celebrations coming up soon!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'll be in attendance... can't stay for long, but I will be there.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    i'll be there as well....i'll be buying and selling this time.

• i'll be there as well....i'll be buying and selling this time.

Between Sampo popping into the store yesterday and this post, I'm now REALLY mad I can't get down there.

Car will be in the shop until at least next week. So weaksauce right now.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    cutis mayfield marathon!!!!!

what's parking like at this place? would it make more sense for me to take a train?

• cutis mayfield marathon!!!!!

what's parking like at this place? would it make more sense for me to take a train?

Parking was a non-issue last time around.

cutis mayfield marathon!!!!!

Don't make me do it!!!

I'm still debating getting up there or not. 'Tis been a while, and I sure do miss it. I was thinking possibly a little set of deep soul 45s, or something...hmmm...

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I'm drinking some beer and gathering some records to swap. Bringing a few sealed Fania LPs, some spare funk 45s, and a couple of other things.......

Up (too) early, pulling 45s...

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    Up (too) early, pulling 45s...

Up (too) early, pulling lps...........

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    just woke up (too) late. frantically pulling a small stack of lps.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    thanks to all for showing up in the cold rain
    surprise guests & deejays, damn
    upstairs is the shit, downstairs can't compare
    thanks b*n for pulling this together
    can't wait for the next one !!

• shitty ass day but i'm glad i went. thank god i brought very little loot. i knew the temptation would be far too great. dave where were you bro????

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    shitty ass day but i'm glad i went. thank god i brought very little loot. i knew the temptation would be far too great. dave where were you bro????

Dave was there in the far left corner near the stage. Lots of Soul Strut family this time around... tons of heat as always. Drove home with very little money. Drew where are the pics?!!

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    WUT UP NEVA!! I was in the corner set up next to Lalo....had on a Ravens hat... u could've hit me up on the cell. U should have came over my man..or if u did, introduced yourself. u may have came to the table...i dunno as i met alot of new peoples yesterday. but we need to meet up, my man

• the show was dope, sound was better and lot of dope records. can't forget cash money did a walk through. it was good to see cash , he even bought a couple records . thanks to ben & tony & jeff. real cool peeps.

later, tony d

[email]tonyd@cold40.com[/email]

aim = hiphop tonyd

http://www.respectmanagement.com/tonyd.htm

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    record revival was one of the coolest record shows i've ever been to. and i've seen my share of them.

thanks to ben for making it happen, to jeff for the yungling hook up and to tony & the kids for the salsa.

• where the pictures at old head???

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    record revival was one of the coolest record shows i've ever been to. and i've seen my share of them.

thanks to ben for making it happen, to jeff for the yungling hook up and to tony & the kids for the salsa.

hahahahahaha! you just like to say SALSA! it's chile dude. And cosign... that shit was good. it almost got the stench of urine from the chinatown bus out of my head.

I was treating nickles like manhole covers cause I knew how much record related madness would ensue through the weekend, but it was tough. lots of great music and serious peoples in one spot. Sorry I did'nt introduce myself to more of you guys, but i was completely in a trance. The first 20 minutes I was there was just too damn much musical stimulation. My brain couldnt take it. Motherfuckin Ca$h Money in the house!

Triple dizzle... got to see you again, doggee. you gotta make it up this way again.
    Tim... Now I know who you are on here. be affraid.
    Drew... I got your money. i'll paypal 2day. thanks for the credit.