he really is a grand mixer

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Grammy award winner, GrandMixer DXT, owner and creator of "Transfer Master," specializing exclusively in forensic editing was hired recently to remix the found "lost tapes" of the infamous Thelonious Monk Quartet featuring John Coltrane. These tapes date back to 1957 and have never before been released to the public. Stereophile Magazine's October issue named it "Recording of the Month." It's the #1 download on I-Tunes. Let's all congratulate GrandMixer DXT for his amazing work in restoring this lost treasure. Info courtesy Kimba.

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Damn, I didn't know that. I was just looking at it in the record store the other day. Much respect to the Grand Mixer.

• yeah, I was hella surprised to hear that too. It was big news when the tapes were found. I'm surprised no one on here mentioned it - unless I missed it.

• I picked up the CD last week. Then I wondered if it would even be issued on vinyl. My favorite listen of the year so far - specifically track 6. I did a double-take when reading the liner notes and seeing that the Grandmixer worked on it.

• I've said this before and i'll say it again because I think we all owe this man money.............

He's the voice that we all cut up that says...

AHH THIS STUFF IS REALLY FRESH[/b]

• I've said this before and i'll say it again because I think we all owe this man money.............

He's the voice that we all cut up that says...

AHH THIS STUFF IS REALLY FRESH[/b]

So Fab Five never said it, it was DST who uttered the classic vocodered line?
    Really! Now that is something I never knew. That is an obscure piece of trivia indeed.

• ^Yup. as far as i know nobody knows it.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    ^Yup. as far as i know nobody knows it.

This is the 2nd time I read this here. Where do you have this information from?