POST RECORDS YOU'VE STOLEN/FOUND

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
WHATROTARY CONNECTIONBLIND FAITHROLLING STONES WIT HONKY TONK WOMANSPIRIT MOTEL 6

Comments

• awallawall 673 Posts
    WHAT

ROTARY CONNECTION
    BLIND FAITH
    ROLLING STONES WIT HONKY TONK WOMAN
    SPIRIT MOTEL 6

way to go dude

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Now that's not nice. I know I felt great when I found RC at a thrift for $1. It was a few years ago, but still.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    not neccasarily stealing cause I did pay for them, but one of my homies/ drug dealers used to work at a local record spot that specialized in dixieland and classical, so whenever they got soul or jazz they really didn't care much and would put it out for between $0.25 & $3. I would lace my homie with $21-$25 when I came in the store and walk out with a 20 sack and all the rackords I could carry

too many good records to name came out of that situation

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    SAVE THE HATE

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    "found"

Millie Jackson "Caught Up"
    Manu Djbango "Soul Makkosa"
    various 45's

• I found Fela and Ginger Baker Live LP, and Yambu (sp?) in some dudes basement in Bedstuy. Also Donald Byrd, Lonnie Liston Smith.. 100 records in all, those stood out though

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I haven't found sh*t, but my hommie Frank found a copy of Wilson Harris "Smoking So Much It's Right Funky" in a neighbors garbage bin a couple months ago.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    I haven't found sh*t, but my hommie Frank found a copy of Wilson Harris "Smoking So Much It's Right Funky" in a neighbors garbage bin a couple months ago.
    my friend found a pucho - "super freak" next to a trash can.

in front of sf ameoba is a good place to find stuff. if ameoba don't take them a lot of folks just leave their records on the sidewalk. scored a good (but slightly beat) punk collection once.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    hi dummy

• Found:Donald Byrd-places & spaces
    5 finger(don't worry I don't anymo'):Casual-1st lp,The Blues project-projections,george benson-space..a bunch more but i forget..