Will bass music blow just like crunk shit did?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Yall heard that new missy track? sounds like dj kizzy rock or dj smurf raheem the dream type shit.

Is Fat man scoop the new luke? Will this blow up?

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    http://s2.youshareit.com/files/9f159ec3c1a3a89718387ff652bf21f9.html

this shit is flames!! bringing back that cybotron shit. My sources say this will be big.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    This should blow up! this if fire.

• Miami Booty Bass has always been the unappreciated bastard child of hip hop. People just couldn't get with it the first time around. Maybe there is a future for it. Its sad really, because honestly, Luther Campbell ranks up there as one of my favorite producers ever. Booty Bass sounds so easy to do, but I tried it once and the results were awful. And the man is responsible for some of my favoritest jams ever.... Pop That Pussy, Bounce To The Beat, Scarred, All the megamixes, Shake It (I think). To this day when I cue to dude (All of a sudden I cant remember his name) saying "Come on.... Shake-Shake it... Come on- Come on Shake-Shake it" people on the dance floor go nuts.....

Oh well. Off topic I guess, I just cant ever pass up a chance to praise Uncle Luke.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    are we talking booty or 80s electro?

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    And here I am having always thought that crunk WAS bass music.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Come on.... Shake-Shake it... Come on- Come on Shake-Shake it"

I smoked a doobie with Shy-D in the Skyywalker Studio parking lot. Mike Fresh rolled it.

The real title of this thread should read "Will bass music blow up IN NEW YORK just like crunk shit did?" Because NYers were the only people that weren't on the shit in the heyday, but insist on their 20/20 hindsight.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yall heard that new missy track? sounds like dj kizzy rock or dj smurf raheem the dream type shit.

Is Fat man scoop the new luke? Will this blow up?

That track is hot, but it's an anachronism... seemed like bass started to die around the time Master P blew up. Now the dudes that are still around from that era are all doing crunk. I've been thinking that doing a throwback bass tribute track would be a good idea for Ludacris for a few years now.

Rolling into work this morning bumping Paul Wall's Sittin' Sideways off of the radio was quite a beautiful thing.

There are a few good songs on local radio as of late: Got It Sewed Up by Mike Jones being my current favorite, supplemented by Trillville's Some Cut, TI's You Don't Know Me (this was a hit in the ATL at Thanksgiving), Ying Yang's Wait, and the big-hit-of-the-moment here in Austin right now Akon's Lonely.

Get past all of the 50 Cent worship and that's not a bad little line-up.

Trillville's Some Cut

"Some Cut" is still making noise? That and "You Don't Know" seemed to be the biggest records when I was down in Atlanta over Christmas.

Trillville's Some Cut

"Some Cut" is still making noise? That and "You Don't Know" seemed to be the biggest records when I was down in Atlanta over Christmas.

Some Cut is one of those records that seems tailor-made for Austin audiences. It will still be getting play a year from now. And I'm not mad at that at all.

Trillville's Some Cut

Some Cut is one of those records that seems tailor-made for Austin audiences. It will still be getting play a year from now. And I'm not mad at that at all.

Yeah, I really like that record too.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Don't forget to put Magic Mike in the mix. His stuff was always bumpin in someone's ride during my high school days.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

=

Invented instrumental hip-hop

I played Basstronik by the Unknown DJ for my 3 week old daughter last night and she loved it. She also likes Nolia Clap.

Yes.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    bass is fundamental...

PRETTY TONY

• Come on.... Shake-Shake it... Come on- Come on Shake-Shake it"

I smoked a doobie with Shy-D in the Skyywalker Studio parking lot. Mike Fresh rolled it.

The real title of this thread should read "Will bass music blow up IN NEW YORK just like crunk shit did?" Because NYers were the only people that weren't on the shit in the heyday, but insist on their 20/20 hindsight.

As a DJ in Louisiana starting out in the early 90's, MC Shy-D
    gets much love.
    "Shake It" is a straight up anthem. I have rocked every kind of crowd
    you can fathom with that cut. Mixed it into Smokey Johnson
    at a Mardi Gras ball this year, and all the 30-sumpthin upwardly-
    mobile, downtown-dwellin' white folkkks EXPLODED.

Miami Bass never died around here. In fact, KJ and Da Fellas
    are playing at some strip club here this weekend.

Get Retarted!!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Trillville's Some Cut

Man, the first time I heard "Some Cut" on the radio it was Nov/Dec, it was the mixshow live from The Supper Clubb and the deejay started cutting the record in and out for the crowd to chant along to it... but he was met by silence. The host started going "they don't know that one yet man, they don't know that one"

But obviously its gotten really big here recently. "U Don't Know Me" got really huge recently too

I really look forward to hearing "Sittin Sidewayz" on the mixshow though... that is my SHIT for real

But yeah, um... Pretty Tony

• I think HAWN JEW has finally accepted the fact that sometimes I will yell "DON'T STOP POP THAT PUSSY LET ME SEE YOU DOO DOO BROWN" for no good reason, and doesn't find it as offensive as she once did.

I also like to do my own thing like "IIIIIIIIIII SAID D! I SAID D-I! I SAID D-I-Z-Z-YYYYYYYYY" yeah.

Yes to all this right chea:

Mixed it into Smokey Johnson

Miami Bass never died around here.

Geaux West Bank!

• I smoked a doobie with Shy-D in the Skyywalker Studio parking lot. Mike Fresh rolled it.

In florida it would kind of be a joke... everybody still remembers miami bass / electro too well. It never went away. Every guy was cutting records with titles like "2 titties and a dick" trying to get a hit with bass & nasty lyrics cut a la luke. In fact it's hard to find good hip-hop collections because they're 99% luke and magic mike productions.

• Yes to all this right chea:

Mixed it into Smokey Johnson

Miami Bass never died around here.

Geaux West Bank!
    Geaux! (Boom) Geaux (Boom-Chk-Boom) Geaux!Geaux! (Boom-Chk-BoomBoom)
    And seriously, Booty Bass is on some free-love-ebony-n-ivory steez
    fo realla tortilla.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Rambling....

Afro Rican
    I just have two 12"s by them but they are nuts

There is a lot of electro/bass stuff out nowadays.. most of what I know is kinda outside the center of that genre (i.e. "hipsterized"):
    Ciara: "1,2 Step"
    A lot of Missy's past stuff
    Swami: "Desi Rock"
    Baile funk stuff from Brazil
    M.I.A.: "Bucky Done Gun"
    Fannypack
    etc.

I DJ'd a night with some guys who do a regular gig at a local bistro last month. One dude is Greek, one is German, one was American. I brought mostly vintage disco & electro, but those dudes played almost strictly electro stuff, albeit less on the south/dirty side and more on the euro/techno side.

Certainly electro has a limited visibility in the mainstream. But in the clubs, has electro ever really fallen out of favor?

• Certainly electro has a limited visibility in the mainstream. But in the clubs, has electro ever really fallen out of favor?

HELL NAW!!
    For me, electro(Bass Music, really), is always the go-to genre
    when things aint poppin' on the dancefloor. Euro's dig it
    cause it has techno elements, Yanks dig it 'cause it talks about
    bonin', all bases covered.

Afro Rican
    I just have two 12"s by them but they are nuts

Look out for their LP, Marco--it's really good and you should be able to get it cheap. Like $3 cheap.

• In fact it's hard to find good hip-hop collections because they're 99% luke and magic mike productions.

Send all raers to Salary Diz plaese.

Finding bass out here isn't impossible, but not nearly as easy as i bet it is out in FLA.

The sucky thing is, Luke and Magic Mike get me amped, but I cant dance to anything that fast, so I wind up doing a weird headbanging, bouncing, charlseton type thing that doesn't really work. All in the comfort of my own home of course. and also while drinking.

=

Invented instrumental hip-hop

There's a downtempo cut on Magic Mike's 1991 Ain't No Doubt About It LP called "Slow Draggin'" that always makes me think "This is exactly what all those Mo' Wax dudes were aiming for except it's not boring."

DJ Fury's Boom Contest = fiya.

Same goes for Dynamix II's Purple Beats.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

In florida it would kind of be a joke... everybody still remembers miami bass / electro too well. It never went away. Every guy was cutting records with titles like "2 titties and a dick" trying to get a hit with bass & nasty lyrics cut a la luke. In fact it's hard to find good hip-hop collections because they're 99% luke and magic mike productions.

A - you should be a step ahead then. There's certainly records in those collections that are or will be valuable.

• I smoked a doobie with Shy-D in the Skyywalker Studio parking lot. Mike Fresh rolled it.

A - you should be a step ahead then. There's certainly records in those collections that are or will be valuable.

Its funny, because if I came up on a few boxes of that shit I would be stoked, but I bet after a few years in florida its like "enough already".....

"Every guy was cutting records with titles like "2 titties and a dick" trying to get a hit with bass & nasty lyrics cut a la luke. "

Why do I get the feeling that would never get old to me?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The Pac-Jam is a Miami Legend! You can still go to Carol City and hear the bass rip through the trunk of an 86 Cutlass.