Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
For the most part, not.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm going with HOT

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    For the most part, not.

Yep...there are a few exceptions though.

don't make me get my camera.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    don't make me get my camera.

Look at me, I have collectibles

• I'm semi new to the moog rec's, but seems like there will be like 1-2 fire intros,
    songs, samples, etc per good moog record, and generally the rest of the
    album will be god awful...

I'm sure there are some moog you can play all the way through, but I sure havent found any...

Please to post names of the real

I'm sure there are some moog you can play all the way through, but I sure havent found any...

Moog Indigo
    the Hellers
    song of the second moon
    Tonto's Expanding Head Band
    Gerson Kingsley "Music th Moog By"
    Dick Hyman "age of electrinicus"
    Enoch Light "Permissive Polyphonics"

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts

Moog Indigo
    the Hellers
    song of the second moon
    Tonto's Expanding Head Band
    Gerson Kingsley "Music th Moog By"
    Dick Hyman "age of electrinicus"
    Enoch Light "Permissive Polyphonics"

add to that:

paul bley synthesizer show
    most of the mort garson stuff
    hugo montenegro's moog power has some hits on it
    mother mallard's portable masterpiece

• Cool,

got the Hymen, and I'll keep looking out for the others'
    Thanks.

that moog indigo should be easy to come across, right?

Cool,

Should be but isn't.

Cool,

Thanks.

yeah the original is pretty common and i'm sure they've reissued it if you swing that way.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Any opinions on the Zeet Band's Moogie Woogie or the Delta Merchant's Switched-On Blues? Apparently both are supposed to be synthesizer blues albums...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Speaking of which, how do y'all feel about Blues Current by John Murtaugh (spellcheck)? I think that shit's on point.

Cool,

Thanks.

yeah the original is pretty common and i'm sure they've reissued it if you swing that way.

Pretty common at what price?

Any opinions on the Zeet Band's Moogie Woogie or the Delta Merchant's Switched-On Blues? Apparently both are supposed to be synthesizer blues albums...

the moogie woogie sounds like it would be heat, donny hathaway and all, but i've read a few folks on here claim it was dissapointing. haven't checked it out personally, but definitely interested.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The electric moog orchestra play selections from close encounters of the third kind was a favorite from my 8 track collecting days.

I think Dick Hyman,Claude Denjean,and Hugh Montenegro(dizzy is the jam) are pretty great. Hopefully I'll find a moog indigo in a thrift store someday.

Cool,

Thanks.

Pretty common at what price?

haven't followed the auctions but i've seen a few on ebay in the past few months. popsike lists one going for 54 dollars in july, so i wouldn't call that jj perrey record uber-raer

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Any opinions on the Zeet Band's Moogie Woogie or the Delta Merchant's Switched-On Blues? Apparently both are supposed to be synthesizer blues albums...

the moogie woogie sounds like it would be heat, donny hathaway and all, but i've read a few folks on here claim it was dissapointing. haven't checked it out personally, but definitely interested.

Both albums are weak and disappointing, as is Blues Current (I think that's the name of the other prominent "blues" moog LP).

Mort Garson was #1 -- everyone recognize, he got more sounds out of that machine than anybody.

"Moog Rock" credited to Les Baxter (who had nothing to do with it) is pretty great. The two Dick Hyman albums are definitely HOT.

Anyone ever heard "The Electric People" by Richard Hayman? I've been looking for that one for 12 years, since I started, back when I was really interested in this mostly cheesy and embarassing genre.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    William Fischer, batches!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Both albums are weak and disappointing, as is Blues Current [/b] (I think that's the name of the other prominent "blues" moog LP).

Well, it doesn't deserve the price that it fetches (seen it go for $60) but I think it has it's moments though.

William Fischer, batches!

co-sign. Solid record!

• "Moog Rock" credited to Les Baxter (who had nothing to do with it) is pretty great.

What's the story here? Can I read about this somewhere?

I agree on Mort Garson. I particularly like The Unexplained.

Then I like a John Keating record very much with among others an awesome version of I Feel the Earth Move. Overall pretty solid.

The following record is not advertised as a moog record and on about 1/2 of the tracks the Fender Rhodes is on the forefront, but this has great moog tracks and I wish they were all like that:

I think Moogie Woogie is lame. Good sound but not so interesting.

Blues Current has nice tracks, I think.

Dan Lacksman's self-titled record on Blue Elephant is very dope too.

• H-O-T[/b]

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yup

I wouldn't drop loot. I have like 1 or 2 moog LPs I actually care about.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Switched on the Beatles
    Mammy Blue (hugo)

Switched on Bacharach

The following record is not advertised as a moog record and on about 1/2 of the tracks the Fender Rhodes is on the forefront, but this has great moog tracks and I wish they were all like that:

whoa this looks sweet. what's the price range on this?

• Electric Love is pretty good. I'm still looking to come up on a cheap copy of Stones by Emil Richards.