Records you regret not buying

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
The Psychy thread reminded me of a time I saw the US 69 LP for cheap and passed it up cuz I didn't know what it was only to hear it a couple days later. Idiot! I'm sure it's happened to everyone, so let's hear it!DJ Ferrari

Comments

• Too much shit to mention, but the karma gods declare that if you leave it the first time and come back for it, it will not be there. Ever.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I once found a copy of one of the Motherhood LPs on UA feat. Klaus Doldinger at a very expenisve record store. I don't know why they only put a 5 Euro price tag on the LP. It would normally be a 75 Euro record at that shop. I didn't buy it because I didn't have ANY money left in my pockets that day. I hid the copy, but never found it again... make sure you listen to the record before letting it slide!

• djrdjr 511 Posts

This thread depresses me already.

One off the top of my head is Inell Young's "What Do You See In Her". Should've bought it when it was somewhat reasonable. Now it's pretty much out of my range unless I can talk the wife into it (note to self: start playing that comp around the house more often).

• Only thing I regret not buying is This Heat - Deceit when it was on the wall at Academy a few years ago with a real busted cover for thirty five dollars

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Right... primarily most of the stuff I've passed up have been 45s though. I don't see many LPs that I regret not getting. Well, there was this one Sun Ra record I was trying to get... but it vanished once I had the money to cop.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    ramp-$20
    he's coming-3 times for $30, $35 and $40
    i dont know wtf i was thinkin..."i'll find it cheaper somewhere else?"
    good one!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Too much shit to mention, but the karma gods declare that if you leave it the first time and come back for it, it will not be there. Ever.[/b]

Big co-sign.

I slept on Marlena Shaw??s "Spice of life" for US$4, and Ike Turner??s "Black man??s soul" for $15.
    Ignorance really hurts!

Peace

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

• My biiiiiig slip: an opportunity to grab up the Dayton Sidewinders "Funky In Here" 45 for relatively cheap. An OG not a recent Carlco reissue. (not sure if they reissued this one as a 45, I think they may have only done one with Slippin' & Go Ahead.....)

To this day it hurts. I love that track to death, so if anyone here finds one (even it's beat up) I'll give it a happy home

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The Psychy thread reminded me of a time I saw the US 69 LP for cheap and passed it up cuz I didn't know what it was only to hear it a couple days later. Idiot!

I'm sure it's happened to everyone, so let's hear it!

DJ Ferrari

I have one if you still need it. PM me.

I somehow managed to walk out of a store w/out this...

Skipped right over it twice... For some reason I kept seeing a crappy ecm record. 10 minutes later it's in this dudes pile.

My major White Whale and one of two last CAT lp's I need. Found it $2 and did this . It somehow managed to slip out of the stash. Didn't notice til I got home. By that time it was too late.

• I don't know what I was thinking when I passed this up on the cheap. Called the dealer two weeks later to have him set it aside for me and it had alrady been sold. Hurts so much!!!

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    saw this for $3 years ago (when knewjak was a newjack). At that point, I was hell bent on finding just breaks so I didnt pick it up. Whoops.