Records with nice Graffiti on the cover?

2»

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• A lot of those dirt style records have cool covers.

• how is this? passed on it a while back (did not have time to listen to it) for minor $'s...

• edubedub 715 Posts

yo, who's got that Kool & gang w/ Jungle Boogie?? It's like a best of, or something??? The cover has a subway train w/ graf that looks similar to the one on that Ramones...

I'll take a pic when I get home, if nobody else has it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

That story you told me about the 'white out' on the cover that you told me was crazy. Would you mind sharing it with the group?

One of the ballons that say "BIG DEAL" had graffited "fuckin" (in tiny print) between BIG and DEAL. When Capitol caught on they had fuckin scrathed out by hand with a pin on remaining printed covers. The next printing whited out fuckin. Rock collectors pay $$$ for the first cover and $$ for the second scratch cover. Rare in the midwest and east coast, not so rare on the west coast. But does it have breaks? Yes.

Dan

I do believe a place near me has a copy of this for like $2. I'll see if I can cop it today. Thanks for the tip!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

First record I bought when I decided I wanted to be a DJ.

• a fav from my stacks.

• Options
    These two might not count, but I like the handstyles for the names.

Looptroop had a 12" with a bunch of train pics on it, and maybe another 12" as well that had graf shots.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    All of my OG 12" from the 80's have bad graffiti on them...my own...on every inch...

Most of them say "havok" which dates them from 1988-199? but if they say "ganja" then you know I had that shit in '86.
    And no skills.

• edubedub 715 Posts

yo, who's got that Kool & gang w/ Jungle Boogie?? It's like a best of, or something??? The cover has a subway train w/ graf that looks similar to the one on that Ramones...

I'll take a pic when I get home, if nobody else has it.

I think the similarities are there, although in my mind they were a lot closer... oh well.

• nice handstyles fuego.

• I love a good handstyle...

That Eyedea/Abilities cover is

ANYONE ANYONE ANYONE... have The BROTHERS' 12" on B-boy Records with the cover????
    Mine got ganked & I can't find one with a cover...

and these are recent, but pretty so-so in style.

Should start a thread...'Graff writers who are djs/producers/emcees' ie: Sat One/ JS-1, Skam2, etc...

Okay, not graff but a fucking sick album & dope cover...

• Signed by the members of Company Flow when they did an instore in Fatbeats Amsterdam when this record came out.

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
    A young TAME ONE 1985 in NEWARK N.J. AKA "DA BRICKS" i miss those days.Shout out to ARTIFACTS and all the crews we was down with back in the days TWS,NVS,NRG,LTD,BOOM SQUAD,VOS,JC,CAK,WRL,JOB,IBM and all the rest of theme.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Here's one from down under. Aussie crew Celsius. Artwork by DASH & SHIME of TFC (21st Century crew).

Perth crew, Downsyde's album "When the Dust Settles". Also by DASH.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

• There is a french Library LP from the mid 80's with a big crispy BANDO tag on it.I'm not even sure if philip know's about it!

• and big co-sign on Method's and Krs-one's handstyle, real dope.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

• futura 2000 did some nice work for the clash. couldnt find a pic of that original style 2xlp witht the tracy 168 cover. im partial to that one.