Embryo - Vortex - Uni label recomendations plaese

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I've been liking a few titles on each of these labels recently. In particular-On Vortex-Dave Pike- the doors of perceptionByard Lancaster- its not up to usOn Uni-The Mirettes- whirlpoolMarvin Holmes and the Uptights- ooh ooh the dragon and other monstersUral Thomas- can you dig it 45On Embryo- William S Fischer- circlesArnie Lawrence and the children of all ages- inside an hour glassany other recomendations would be appreciated. thanks

Comments

• slushslush 691 Posts
    vortex - joe zawinul the rise and fall of 3rd stream - amazing arrangements from william s. fischer, with one of my favourire jazz recordings ever 'the soul of a village'

uni - cant think of anything of the dooooome but of course there are tonnes

embryo - i dig ron carter uptown conversation, and brute force. and air of course. anyone feeling Novac or Earth Opera?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    On Uni, tons but definitely Jackie Lee - The Chicken
    there are some 80s rap 45s as well.

• vortex - sonny sharrock: black woman, clifford jordan: soul fountain

embryo - miroslav vitous: infinite search, atilla zoller - gypsy cry

uni - the aquarians: s/t

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    vortex - joe zawinul the rise and fall of 3rd stream - amazing arrangements from william s. fischer, with one of my favourire jazz recordings ever 'the soul of a village'

I second this - soul of a village is a hell of a tune.

• nickjnickj 53 Posts
    embryo - i dig ron carter uptown conversation, and brute force. and air of course. anyone feeling Novac or Earth Opera?

I think is Novac is kinda Haven't listened to it in a long while, but I remember it being kinda blah wannabe psych.

The Phil Woods live lp is , off the chain ala 1969 Miles. And Stone Flute and the Tonto's lp are two of the best things on the label.