Klute OST

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I've just seen the movie. People are spending much money on the OST. Someone mentioned that it has breaks, stabs and loops. Really, how good is the soundtrack? There's a scene where young people dance to music of a live band. Lots of organ and horns, but I didn't like it that much. How's that score overall? Worth a try? The tracks in the actual movie didn't impress me much.

Comments

• I don't have it, but it's been talked about quite a bit in the past. I think a few people thought it was overated as well.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    its sought after because its rare, not because its good

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i liked it. wouldnt drop $200 on it, but i'd buy it for $50 if i saw it

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    i liked it. wouldnt drop $200 on it, but i'd buy it for $50 if i saw it

I agree.

I think the thing is that it has a reputation as a "funk soundtrack". It's not.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    It's good. I wouldn't say it's a "funk" soundtrack but it's definitley a good listen.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Btw, does anyone know if the story behind this record is true? Someone pressing only 500 copies after work hours etc...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Btw, does anyone know if the story behind this record is true? Someone pressing only 500 copies after work hours etc...

that's what I heard... and yes, I guessed that there were no funky tracks on the OST, although that night club scene had a good song... how about that one... mor like a pop beat band, right?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    No, there is one funky song. Not "Meters" funky, but uh....funkyesque.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I got the British pressing for relatively cheap and wouldn't drop loot on the OG. There's one psych track that I really dig but I'm not too into moody loops so the rest of the album doesn't interest me.

'Take me higher... take me high... take me high... take me higher!'

DJ Ferrari

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    No, there is one funky song. Not "Meters" funky, but uh....funkyesque.

hmmmmm! -esque words! I liked that night club track. I guess we are talking about the same. No need for Meteresque Funk. That track is good for what it is!

• i've got a one sided promo 45 for this movie, it contains a bunch jane fonda dialogue, on the label it mentions it's to be used on a sound system or special telephone promotion, wonder what the special telephone promotion was like with this dialogue, by the way i never have seen this movie, is it any good?

• its good, but it isnt some crazy breakbeat bukkake, but it has a lil bit of everything, psychfunk, sitars, moody loops, strings, vibes....prolly the raerest thing I have ever owned, but I gave mine up for the heatrock auction...people slept on it as only two folks bidded on it.