End Of Week Digs...

KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Just scored these CD's in real good shape at......at the Goodwill for a dollar each, shit it ain't my birthday till tomorrow!Geto Boys -We Can't be StoppedGeto Boys -BestGeto Boys -ResurectionBushwick Bill -Little Big ManClips -Lord WillinBig Dady Kane -Looks like a job forIll Al Skratch -Creep Wit' MeRakim -The 18th LetterThe Fugees -The ScoreIce-t -Original GangsterBeck -OdelayNWA -100 Miles and Runnin'Boogie Down Productions -By All Means NecessaryBoogie Down Productions -Live Hardcore WorldwideATCQ -Midnight MaraudersATCQ -Low End TheoryBig Tymers -Hood RichNoreago -Melvin Flynt Da Hustler504 Boys -Wobble Wobble (single)Gang Star -Step Into the ArenaGang Star -No More Mr. Nice GuyNas -God's SonSwizz Beats -Presents Ghetto StorysUGK -Too Hard to SwallowUGK -Ridin' DirtyUGK -Dirty MoneyThe Beatnuts -A Musical MassacreMos Def -Black on Both SidesD'angelo -VoodoGhetto Mafia -On Da GrindPete Rock & C.L. Smooth -Mecca & the Soul BrotherPublic Enemy -It Takes a Nation...Public Enemy -Greatest MissesPublic Enemy -Yo! Bum Rush The ShowJoe Budden S/TMad Lion -Real TingOutkast -Stankonia8 mile OST

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Got two things in the mail today:

Fela - Open/Close - EMI France (thanks Phill!)
    Azymuth - Jazz Carnival 12" Milestone UK

• debardebar 215 Posts
    damn, that's a good come up, i can't even find where my goodwill hides their cds now.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Nice score Karlito!

I've been on a diggin dry spell cause I'm gonna go to Indiana next week and hopefully come up. I did get these reggaeton mixtapes from my friend Cristina who said "oh, you wanted the cases too?!" Anyways, The Noise Vol 1 (clean lyrics version because apparently her mom bought it for her), DJ Crane Vol 1, and El General S/T, all circa 1990-92.

• came up on the megarare/ holy grail private press texas funk
    piece---

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/djavatar/chubbylee.jpg

Chubby Lee and the boys mustve heard kashmere stage bands release
    and decided to up em one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/djavatar/chubbylee2.jpg

peep the shaft cover
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/djavatar/chubbylee3.jpg

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    if i could think of something ugly to write i would...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I recently purchased this historical document:

[*] Sheet music and lyrics for over 35 songs, full-page pictures, and poetry...a must have for connoisseurs in the know, not to mention a great accessory for any art and wine room.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Meet Betty Carter & Ray Bryant (Epic)
    Looptroop - Modern Day Symphony (David N Goliath)
    Jungle Brothers - Straight Out The Jungle (Warlock)
    Alice Coltrane - A Monastic Trio (Impulse)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

What's your opinion on this?

• These.....

these.....

And some dancehall 7's

What's your opinion on this?

I dig the cut. But I bought it because I thought it fetched loot.

Edit

• Options
    UK doesn't sell for that much???

K.

UK doesn't sell for that much???

K.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say. US only?

• Options
    From what I've seen with my eyes, yes. I like that tune - gets some play around town here.

K.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Hey Rey, was this recently done or contemporaneous to Rev McD? How much/where did you get this raer?
    Lemme know
    Thanks
    Peace
    T.N.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Sunshine digs, just before the rain sets in...

Marion Brown - Why Not (ESP) NM.[/b]

Art Ensemble of Chicago - Les Stances A Sophie (Nessa) NM-[/b]

Archie Shepp - For Losers (Impulse) NM.[/b]

(Couldn't find an ePicture)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Hey Rey, was this recently done or contemporaneous to Rev McD? How much/where did you get this raer?
    Lemme know
    Thanks
    Peace
    T.N.
    I believe it was published in the early 70's; I got it from eBay for ~$10.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Solomon King SDTK (Sealed) - super rare soundtrack from Oakland but was really musicians from LA. cool thing was that Samaki from the Variations, Tiny Powell, and Tito Fuentes are all in the movie. okay maybe thats just cool for me...

Shirley Scott - Great Scott! (Prestige)

Gloria Lynne - By Popular Demand! (Paul Winley)

Lorez Alexandria - Didn't We (Pzazz)

(Reggae) Tamlins - I Wish It Would Rain/Ting-A-Ling (Channel One) 12"

the Black Devils - Msidji Tese Bure/Mama Yemo, Nina Miliya Rafiki Wangu/Wa Toto Wa Zaire (Bwanga) 45s - really interesting records out of Zaire i assume. two slow tunes, a dancer, and a bolero tune. 45 sleeve has these 5 dudes jumping off the stairs. its also signed.

Troy Johnson - I Want You/This Aint the Way (Soul Beat) 45 - hard to get and very expensive 45.

and a bunch of local records that nobody will care about but me and a handful of other local collectors. rare R&B and Soul tunes.

• and a bunch of local records that nobody will care about but me and a handful of other local collectors. rare R&B and Soul tunes.

Let's all remember this when a certain short-on-teeth (but gettin' long in the tooth) record baller posts about $10k in Ebay sales.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Anyone else kick themselves hard when you miss records?

I am feeling beatdown today cos I saw a 3/4 empty box of soul/jazz and pulled a 24 Karat Gold "Dance to my Music." Not quite 24 Karat Black but dammit I wanna know what else was in that box. Arrrgh. Some days are better than others.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    compost - life is round