Fasting (UN)APPRECIATION (NRR)

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
It's Yom Kippur and this foll is fasting.I noticed that there are not one but TWO food related posts right now on the front page. WTF?!?!? Shit is making me hungry. Cut it out y'all gentiles this shit is torture!!!Anyway anyone fasting/fasted in the past/has strong feelings about fasting: feel free to chime in and complain and shit.Speaking of fasting, one of my favorite scenes from Fast Times at Ridgemont High (plse don't hijack this):

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I've tried and failed. My soul and colon may never be properly cleansed, but I get so grumpy when I'm hungry that it's best for everyone if I don't do it. I'm just not zen enough (yet?) to overcome my stomach with my brain.

I think I'm going to try a fruit and vegetable juice fast this summer. My friend did an apple fast one time. Good gosh.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    It's Yom Kippur and this foll is fasting.

I noticed that there are not one but TWO food related posts right now on the front page. WTF?!?!? Shit is making me hungry. Cut it out y'all gentiles this shit is torture!!!

yeah, i noticed that too. that's fucked up!
    they should be deleted or at least moved into a special temporary 'food related forum' until sundown

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the cute girl who sits 2 desks down from me just stopped over with a plate of salmon, rice pilaf and vegetables

BTW as a cruel joke E! has declared every thursday to be Bagel day. we got lox & cream cheese mocking me in the break room right now

DIE![/b]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

BTW as a cruel joke E! has declared every thursday to be Bagel day. we got lox & cream cheese mocking me in the break room right now

lox and cream cheese day on yom kippur is way more offensive than sampling hava nagilah.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

lox and cream cheese day on yom kippur is way more offensive than sampling hava nagilah.

you should hear the french guy in the break room taunting me in really bad english. He's about to push me over the edge

you should hear the french guy in the break room taunting me in really bad english. He's about to push me over the edge

seriously...
    lox and cream cheese day on yom kippur is offensive

but i think if you're fasting you shouldn't be at work anyway. go digging instead! or do some non-appetite building activity like sitting around, watching 'arrested development' dvd's, smoking cigarettes, and doing blow.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

but i think if you're fasting you shouldn't be at work anyway. go digging instead! or do some non-appetite building activity like sitting around, watching 'arrested development' dvd's, smoking cigarettes, and doing blow.

fuck that reminds me, I missed "services" yesterday. Maybe I'll attend later today, youre 10 blocks from synagogue right?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I've gone a week without eating before & felt fine. Its just gross when your body goes into ketesis & your tounge gets whitish.

fuck that reminds me, I missed "services" yesterday. Maybe I'll attend later today, youre 10 blocks from synagogue right?

HA! i don't have an addiciton... it's a religion!
    i won't be home til late tonight so hold off on your chuuuch outing for next week. save a spot next to me at the vestibule.

• I'm muslim and about 10 days into the month of Ramadan in which we fast (no food OR drink) during the hours of daylight. I'm hoping to shift a few pounds this month, but my metabolism is slowing down so I'm pretty doubtful about losing much.

All day I dream about sandwiches.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    my metabolism is slowing down so I'm pretty doubtful about losing much.
    I hate you and your slow metabolism

• my metabolism is slowing down so I'm pretty doubtful about losing much.
    I hate you and your slow metabolism

Well spotted...

After watching your Blind Date appearance, I can sympathise with you, but seriously you don't seem as skinny as you think you are (if that makes sense?!). The grass is always greener... but anyway... Guzzo I promise to send you whatever weight I lose.

Fire up that lipo-blower!

• You're fasting but you're at work? That I don't understand. I had to take the day off yesterday or else I'd be home snacking on a 100 Grand bar. I'm culturally jewish, but i don't really feel the need to fast or repent (more than I do on a regular basis) on YK. I'm much more about those holidays where you get to eat and spend time with family. A lot of times I think people fast just so they can tell you that they fasted to prove how down they are for the crown.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    You're fasting but you're at work? That I don't understand. I had to take the day off yesterday or else I'd be home snacking on a 100 Grand bar. I'm culturally jewish, but i don't really feel the need to fast or repent (more than I do on a regular basis) on YK. I'm much more about those holidays where you get to eat and spend time with family. A lot of times I think people fast just so they can tell you that they fasted to prove how down you are for the crown.

well I am working and fasting however I'm thinking of cutting out pretty soon.
    I don't observe this holiday from a religious POV but rather on the idea of reflecting upon the year that just passed and seeing what I've done and what I can do better with my life; kind of like a 23 hour meditation with lack of food fueling it

• my head hurts

• I too am fasting and thru experience I've found it's easier to do when you don't have anything to drink as well.....

• i'm thinking chicken for the break the fast...what are y'all liking to break the fast? popeyes may be my shit.

• After temple, I'm rolling to a break fast party where brisket will be the main course!!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Pardon me for my ignorance, but how long do you fast for?

• 24 hours which means at 6:54 PM CST I can get my grub on!!!!!

• edubedub 715 Posts
    we got lox & cream cheese mocking me in the break room right now

you guys have a break room? dope!