Dirty Harry 45 by Lalo on Verve

schoggischoggi 298 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4776980762is there a difference between this (blue verve label) and the black verve label issue? is one a promo, vinyl/styrene, same songs? love that tune... thanks a lot

Comments

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I believe the promos on verve are usually yellow, although I do have a Lalo promo 45 that is white. I don't ever recall seeing a dark blue label verve 45 before, although it is early and I am just drinking my first cup of coffee....

• I believe the promos on verve are usually yellow, although I do have a Lalo promo 45 that is white. I don't ever recall seeing a dark blue label verve 45 before, although it is early and I am just drinking my first cup of coffee....

Do you mean "ever" or just of the Lalo? I have a bunch of cark blue Verves (all my Howard Tate 45s for ex)

• djrdjr 511 Posts

The soul 45s I've seen on Verve have been of a pale blue color, not a deep blue color as featured in the auction link above. My Howard Tate 45s are on this pale blue color as well. It's quite interesting to see a dark blue verve 45.

• The soul 45s I've seen on Verve have been of a pale blue color, not a deep blue color as featured in the auction link above. My Howard Tate 45s are on this pale blue color as well. It's quite interesting to see a dark blue verve 45.

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    there is also a promo of LALO with only LATIN SOUL on both sides, which pops up frequently. i can't remember the color of that one... maybe white, yellow or pink... don't remember.. don't like LATIN SOUL anyway...

• djrdjr 511 Posts

The soul 45s I've seen on Verve have been of a pale blue color, not a deep blue color as featured in the auction link above. My Howard Tate 45s are on this pale blue color as well. It's quite interesting to see a dark blue verve 45.

As soon as I looked at this, I suddenly had a flash in my mind of Righteous Brothers on blue Verve - vinyl-related amnesia or blocking going on here? Perhaps I need another cup of coffee? I am certainly out of it. I guess Dunkin Donuts for post-luch coffee. No more posts after this.

As for Lalo - Latin SOul - I have a white demo of it. And I agree, it sucks. Thankfully it was only a $1 blind purchase.....

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I think dark blue Verves are 'pop' i.e. Velvet Underground

Never seen Dirty Harry in this format though, thats kinda dope

interesting, looks nice the blue label!

does someone know if all verve singles are on styrene?
    jimmy smith & all the other early 70's singles

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    interesting, looks nice the blue label!

does someone know if all verve singles are on styrene?

jimmy smith & all the other early 70's singles

i have seen verve 45s by different artists and eras on both vinyl and styrene. from the picture of the one on ebay you're asking about, i would guess it is styrene (from the wear on the edge of the label).

i noticed that later aswell that the one on ebay is pressed on styrene... the label is glued on the wax! can't remember if the black labeled Dirty Harry is on styrene too, doesn't pop up that often...

thanks a lot for the infos

I think dark blue Verves are 'pop' i.e. Velvet Underground

Never seen Dirty Harry in this format though, thats kinda dope

the european (france) version... i think this is the most common, isn't it? around ??100 ?