job rejection letter unappreciation post

2»

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    man fuck. why can't they come out and tell you why? i hate those canned shits.

Not a problem. Actually, I had just put a letter in the mail to you. We
    appreciated the opportunity to review your materials and to interview you
    for the position of *********. It was a difficult decision, but we
    have selected another individual whose qualifications match our needs at
    this time.

Good luck on your job search and best wishes on your marriage.

FUCK IT!
    I got a lot of those shits.
    Actually, this is my new collection.
    I got doubles and

• i know that little little girl from somewhere!??!?!

• Options
    i know that little little girl from somewhere!??!?!

Ah, complete.

K.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    man fuck. why can't they come out and tell you why? i hate those canned shits.

Not a problem. Actually, I had just put a letter in the mail to you. We
    appreciated the opportunity to review your materials and to interview you
    for the position of *********. It was a difficult decision, but we
    have selected another individual whose qualifications match our needs at
    this time.

Good luck on your job search and best wishes on your marriage.

At least you get replies, 98% of what I've applied for I never get anything back.

---
    Dear x,

You recently applied for the x (x) position with x, Inc. While your education and background is commendable, we have selected another candidate to fill this position.
    ---

Dear x,

You recently applied for the x position with x. We have reviewed your education and work experience and have decided to pursue other candidates at this time.
    ---

and so on and so forth.

At least they responded. Shit.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

That really is messing up my view of British people as perpetually chipper. I always thought all that tea did it.

• all i'm asking for is a little feedback. you know.

like...

you're over/under qualified. get a haircut. you smelled like a hobo at the interview. i read your posts on soul strut. etc.

anything but the canned jump off.

sure, it's good to know, but help a brother for his next interview if it's something he did.

did you ask them for that feedback?

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    whats worse than that is when your independent contract job doesnt give you work for 2 weeks, you call up and they say, oh we decided to eliminate the design division and let the publisher handle it. thanks for the notice shitdick.

well maybe not worse but also lame.

I feel your pain.

Try being promised 50+ hours of contract work a week and then promptly getting the run around the next week 'til 2 1/2 months later.

"Oh yeah, this is actually our slow month."
    next month:
    "Yeah, it's still our slow month."
    etc., etc., etc.

Then you just call and ask:
    "Still slow month?"

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    i know that little little girl from somewhere!??!?!

Ah, complete.

K.

YES!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Ha Ha...

• Fatback

you can ask what the specific reasons. it is not "unbusiness like", does happen, and if it helps, you're that much better off knowing or at least trying...

Good luck

• Keep your head up Fatback. Job hunting in richmond sucks. At least you got some kind of letter. I applied to almost 100 jobs when I was looking for work, and I probably only heard back from 12.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    all i'm asking for is a little feedback. you know.

like...

you're over/under qualified. get a haircut. you smelled like a hobo at the interview. i read your posts on soul strut. etc.

sure, it's good to know, but help a brother for his next interview if it's something he did.

good question. i have in the past and got nothing. i was also told that it's not a good look to haggle them for feedback. that you just have to hope they will volunteer something useful.

Keep your head up Fatback. Job hunting in richmond sucks. At least you got some kind of letter. I applied to almost 100 jobs when I was looking for work, and I probably only heard back from 12.

• send this Rejection Letter to the company that rejected you, I found this really funny, I sent it out once. I also got turned down for another job though later and I was about to send the letter again, but a few days later they called me up saying that they now needed me so kinda lucky I didn't that second time.

• send this Rejection Letter to the company that rejected you, I found this really funny, I sent it out once. I also got turned down for another job though later and I was about to send the letter again, but a few days later they called me up saying that they now needed me so kinda lucky I didn't that second time.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    all i'm asking for is a little feedback. you know.

like...

good question. i have in the past and got nothing. i was also told that it's not a good look to haggle them for feedback. that you just have to hope they will volunteer something useful.

i don't think that's true. i used to work as an employment agent for mostly domestic, exec, and personal asst type of work. the clients we had were extremely picky, so i had to dole out a lot of rejections. as long as you're friendly when you ask for feedback, it's not haggling. but don't be expected to always get meaningful feedback. in fact, you should feel blessed if you do.
    no one wants to get into a debate with someone who they didn't hire about the reasons that foll wasn't chosen. even if it is strictly professional - such as "you haven't held a managerial position in X field before" - that leaves the door open to the candidate quipping back with, "yes, but i've held Z position and have had similar experience in Q field, and i'm a fast learner..." etc. it's also possible it may be somewhat personal - maybe they're looking for someone really nerdy, or a great "sales" personality, or someone overflowing confidence, or whatever... and you just didn't fit the bill. no one wants to have that conversation either.

best advice is to be critical of the interview yourself. think about what went right and wrong, and just move on. if the interview went well, and you were surprised you didnt' get the job - thank the HR person and ask if they know of any open gigs that you may be interested in and are suitable for you. looking for a job is never fun. so good luck finding one that keeps you happy and paid for years to come

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i was part of an interview team at one of my jobs and it came down to two people. the deciding factor against one of the candidates was the person's lifeless handshake. now i know i listed this as one of my pet peeves, but i'm not the the one who even brought it up. the bossdude was really turned off by it. the three of us agreed that the weak handshake spoke of a trait, or lack of, that would not work for the position. we did not tell the person this. should we have?