X Box NRR

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
any x box heads out there? just picked up fifa 2006, and it's even tougher than any of the others in the past. looking to see if anyone else has got it yet.

Comments

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i play ncaa 2006 when i have time (which is like once every two-three weeks).
    i bought fifa 2005 for xbox last year but returned it for a couple reasons
    1. they didnt inclue an Ecuador team (im biased)
    2. the anouncer's accent was annoying as hell so i had to mute him
    3. the soundtracks where straight garbage techno from what i recall and also had to mute it

there are ways of returning games

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I have NO 2006 EA Sports titles (as of yet). What is the best one this year, for the XBox? Will anyone go out and get the new XBox?

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i'm sure it depends on what sports you like

i'm holding off madden 2006 cause i always buy both NCAA football and madden, and end up never playing madden. I'm all about mascot mode in NCAA (I'm probably the only one).

i'm hoping my roommate scoops up the new xbox, plus i rarely even play my xbox as it is.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    The Fifa series are my favorite videogames of all time (well aside from Tecmo Superbowl),
    and the only ones i ever play on the rare occasions i break my system out.

Is Honduras finnaly on the FIFA map this year?

And about the annoying commentators, you can switch them to spanish which makes them about a million times less annoying, though maybe only becuase my spanish is spotty at best.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm all about mascot mode in NCAA (I'm probably the only one).

This is dope when your high and/or drunk..

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    madden 2006 is legit, the QB vision is kinda nice. its a major improvement over 2005 which didnt do anything from 2004.

as for bball games, id get espn 2k6 over nba live... ive never been a fan of the freestyle juke move functions on live.

that tiger woods golf is also nice.

you might consider 'modding' your xbox if you can find someone... hook yourself up w/ a nice big hard drive and just save games onto the harddrive. games is expensive, rentals aint.

-rich

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    this years announcers are the proper football annoucers from the uk, and they are a lot less annoying than the ones from last year. at first i was a bit pissed when i started to play it, but as day two is here, i've grown to like it. this is the third year i bought fifa and it's the best of what i've played IMO.

i haven't played any other league than the english premiership (liverpool of course), but as i get further into geek/manager mode during the winter months, i'll be sure to let y'all know what's up. i don't have xbox live, i'd like to try it out, but i am not that addicted to play it that much online. anyone have any thoughts on xbox live?

• I'm on Xbox live and its pretty good well worth the ??20 subscription, tho I only play Halo2 online at the moment.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

I'm on Xbox live and its pretty good well worth the ??20 subscription, tho I only play Halo2 online at the moment.

20 pounds a month or the full year subscription...?