WESTERN NY Spots?!

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I'm going on a record buying excursion to Western NY this week. Anybody know any good spots in Syracuse, Utica or Rochester areas, or thereabouts? Any strutters out there? Inquiring minds would like to know?!DigamePeaceT.N.

Comments

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    in rochester

-record archive (they have 2 locations, only one has vinyl)

-lakeshore record exchange

-bop shop

btw, anyone know the tiny store run by an old man in the middle of nowhere some 15 miles from the woodbury commons outlet on 87? dude has huge stamps on the 45 sleeves and album pricetags and uses different colours of ink to indicate condition. found the spot last year by sheer luck, turned up some great things but forgot the name of the place since.

• Options
    I got his card lying around here somewhere...I'll look.

K.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Post the info here, nobody reads what I write! I like outlet shopping and rackords too!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I'm going on a record buying excursion to Western NY this week. Anybody know any good spots in Syracuse, Utica or Rochester areas, or thereabouts? Any strutters out there? Inquiring minds would like to know?!
    Digame
    Peace
    T.N.

i want to come.

can you swing by Austin and pick me up? I don't want to buy records but just hit the outlet malls- i need my Hugo Boss affordable.

I can pick you up if you can get to Canojaharie, NY!

You need fly threads? Do they sell Houston Oiler hats in Austin, I want wanna those. The old good light blue "jawns".
    Peace
    T.N.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I can pick you up if you can get to Canojaharie, NY!

You need fly threads? Do they sell Houston Oiler hats in Austin, I want wanna those. The old good light blue "jawns".
    Peace
    T.N.

haven't looked for Oiler hats. but i'll keep my eyes peeled. I loved Warren Moon in the mid 80's.

alright maybe not this trip, but still waiting on your voyage south.

WORD[/b]

No Western NY strutters?! Abzurd! Anyone else got info here? The Syracuse action seems quite lacking, especially for a college town.
    Thanks and Peace
    T.N.

i've been to syracuse twice. once spent 2 hours looking for record shops - only found one and even that was no good. the second time around was at a record show, that was slightly better.

• in Rochester try the public market's flea market - its a part of it - you'll need to ask someone there where it is - hard to decribe but its located in an old industrial building, lotsa records - sat & sun. record archive on Mount Hope is the one & cheap & normally fresh. not much up-state by way of stores though.

• Options

I loved Warren Moon in the 80's.

K.

• nickjnickj 53 Posts
    If you're near Rochester, it's worth looking in at the Bop Shop, too. There was a big Vietnam Vets thrift store not too far away on East Main (I think?) that used to have a pretty consistently solid selection, but I don't know if that's still a good spot. And I think the House of Guitars still has a big basement full of records, but it's probably pretty picked over.

And I think the House of Guitars still has a big basement full of records, but it's probably pretty picked over.

i confused this with lakeshore record exchange. it looks picked over, but if you know your 12"s and don't mind several hours worth of digging you might find something.
    at least we did a couple of years back.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    record archive can really deliver some nice treats on the right day. I went to check the "W" section in jazz, last time I was there. They had 4 Charles Wright albums, fully alphabetized- right in a row for $5 a piece.

I never understood why they have anything remotely good, because there are fliers all over the place for funk nights, and you can usually hear them putting mixes together on the third floor.

• & Charles Wright's were all probably Near Mint right?

Sweet, thanks all!

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    & Charles Wright's were all probably Near Mint right?

yeah, pretty close actually.
    You've passed them up before, i take it?