this recent police beating footage... (NRR)

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
so i was speaking to a friend of mine earlier who said that she wasn't at all shocked by it. i mean, not that i'm oblivious to shit like this happening all the time, but what kind of bullshit is this when we become desensitized to cops beating a 64 year old ex school teacher (who apparently was even publicly intoxicated" as was reported by the cops: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051010/ap_on_re_us/new_orleans_taped_beating) being pummeled repeatedly in the head to the point of his laying in a large pool of his own blood? i'm fucking disgusted by some of the people who walk this earth. i hope there's karma or hell or something, cause it would really bother me if these people go on to live peaceful lives. fucking disgusting.

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm glad you started this thread. This something we need to talk about. Bottom line is those cops are devils.

• I'm glad you started this thread. This something we need to talk about. Bottom line is those cops are devils.
    and the sack of shit had the nerve to grab a reporter by the collar and repeatedly shake him and curse at him, just for taping the incident. unbelievable.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh this is nothing new. N.O. cops are some of the worst I have encountered and its not surprising that this happened... Surprised that their lack of humanity and their corruption has not come to light sooner. I hope all those fuckers that did this and continue to carry out this type of shit get it bad. I mean real bad, as in they go to prison with every criminal or supposed criminal they busted. Fuckers deserve it.

• Hopefully those "officers" will be charged and incarcerated for this, then maybe they will see what it's like to be on the wrong side of the line...

yeh this is nothing new. N.O. cops are some of the worst I have encountered and its not surprising that this happened... Surprised that their lack of humanity and their corruption has not come to light sooner.
    I never been to N.O but they seem like mostly every other cop in this country. It's not a big surprise but it disgusted me to see that on the 11 O' Clock news

I hope all those fuckers that did this and continue to carry out this type of shit get it bad. I mean real bad, as in they go to prison with every criminal or supposed criminal they busted. Fuckers deserve it.
    I would pay a lot of money to see this.

• I'm glad you started this thread. This something we need to talk about. Bottom line is those cops are devils.

• a 64 year old ex school teacher[/b] for christ's sake...

• The three (pigs) were suspended without pay Sunday, Defillo said.

Thank fuck!

a 64 year old ex school teacher[/b] for christ's sake...
    Yeah, they wouldn't give a fuck if it was a 99 year old woman...they just look for opportunities to crack a Black persons' skull. Seriously.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    My experience with N.O. "finest" was quite a negative one. Dudes don't listen for shit. I hate cops in general, but officer Luis Rivas can suck my dick sideways!

• The footage was frightening, especially when the cop on horseback maneuvers himself in front of the camera. I saw another shot on the news of the guy laying in a pool of his own blood while they continued to arrest him. Fuckers...

• Just saw this one the news down here tonight.
    Was pretty fierce. Dude is an old guy, even if he was drunk still so uncalled for. Sad & totally without justice.
    And then strong-arming & assaulting a cameraman. Poor widdle cop got caught with his hands in the cookie jar.
    Didn't the Bush govt send troops to Iraq to show that the US is a shining light of hypocrisy, oops I meant democracy. Shit is crazy over there...

But I also recall that after the hurricane happened that 100 police officers deserted.
    ...and didn't the N.O. Police Chief just resign...?

When the times get tough, the pissweak leave???

My state's police force are the most infamously corrupt in Australia, but their more known for dealing secretly with crims than smacking innocent people in the head until they bleed.

Just found this... From the UK Independent.

There was no mistaking the ferocity of the police action against Mr Davis, however. He is seen on the tape flailing his arms helplessly as two of the officers punch him in the head twice and eventually drag him to the ground. Mr Davis is then seen lying face down on the pavement, with blood streaming down his face and arm into the gutter.

Four of the five police officers involved appear to be white and the fifth was described as light-skinned. Two of the men were later found to have been federal agents. The two police officers in custody for the assault on Mr Davis were named as Lance Schilling and Robert Evangelist.

A third officer facing charges was named as Stuart Smith, who is seen on the tape losing his temper with the television team.

When he demanded they stop filming the incident, an AP employee held up his press credentials and protested that he was merely doing his job.

"I've been here for six weeks trying to keep ... alive ... Go home!" the officer is heard to shout. It is then that he lunges for one of the producers, pushes him against the car and unleashes a tirade of profanities.

"The incidents taped by our cameraman are extremely troubling," said Mike Silverman, AP's managing editor. "We are heartened the police department is taking them seriously and promising a thorough investigation."

More than a month after Katrina, the police department in New Orleans is still reeling. Many of its officers vanished in the days after the storm, apparently unwilling or unable to help curb the violence and criminal activity that quickly took over the city. Late last month, its leader superintendent, Eddie Compass, resigned his position. There have also been several suicides among police officers.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Picture this headline:

"Retired Elementary School Teacher/Recovering Narcotics Abuser Beaten By Rascist Cops."

America is in a sad state.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    ahhh that video reminds me of good old Cincinnati...

anyway I think the NOPD's crookedness and general lack of respect for humanity has been well documented for years, but hopefully this is case has a high enough profile that something real will come out of this. I believe the officers have already been arrested, if they walk I wouldn't be surprised if riots break out, that city's already under the microscope for the response to the hurricane.

And the fact that 2 of these a-holes were feds isn't going to help Bush any.

ALSO I hope the national news media really sticks with this story and doesn't let it slide through the cracks. The fact that the one cop told the reporter to stop filming and then threw him against a car is just unbelieveable.

• ALSO I hope the national news media really sticks with this story and doesn't let it slide through the cracks. The fact that the one cop told the reporter to stop filming and then threw him against a car is just unbelieveable.

Yeah the national media doesnt have a good track record of sticking with stories for very long. They have the attention span of an 8 year old.

ALSO I hope the national news media really sticks with this story and doesn't let it slide through the cracks. The fact that the one cop told the reporter to stop filming and then threw him against a car is just unbelieveable.

Yeah the national media doesnt have a good track record of sticking with stories for very long. They have the attention span of an 8 year old.
    Hammertime and Cousin Larry,
    Y'all are most definitely correct. Unfortunately, this will be forgotten and out of the news in 2 weeks, tops....
    BTW, did anyone watch Good Morning America today? Charles Gibson was doing a live interview with the victim and there's one quote that stands out in my mind...

CG: How do you answer the charge of resisting arrest
    Victim: How could I resist arrest when the cops sucker punched me....

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

CG: How do you answer the charge of resisting arrest
    Victim: How could I resist arrest when the cops sucker punched me....

AND on tape?!?!?

Seriously, wasn't there a thing about NO (and Lousiana in general) where cops pulling people over and impounding cars for no particular reason? About 96-97 or so. When my dad and I drove through LA we COMPLETELY went around NO and we were scared crapless. I don't know if it's still this way, but does anyone notice when you're driving east and you cross the bridge on i-10 from Texas that the speed limit goes from 75 in Texas to 55 in Louisiana, yet it's not posted anywhere?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    (who apparently WASN'T[/b] even publicly intoxicated" as was reported by the cops: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051010/ap_on_re_us/new_orleans_taped_beating)

• historically speaking, this is progress from what used to happen...they used to display the heads of slaves along the river as a warning to all those coming off the boat...we sometimes cant imagine how deeply ingrained the racist ideology is down there...talkin about centuries of racial conflict and most importantly fear...in the eyes of those who lived there 150 years ago, this wouldve been considered an act of mercy...in no way am i justifying these actions,,,just looking at it through the eyes of time....

historically speaking, this is progress from what used to happen...they used to display the heads of slaves along the river as a warning to all those coming off the boat...we sometimes cant imagine how deeply ingrained the racist ideology is down there...talkin about centuries of racial conflict and most importantly fear...in the eyes of those who lived there 150 years ago, this wouldve been considered an act of mercy...in no way am i justifying these actions,,,just looking at it through the eyes of time....

i agree, but it also shows how much further we have to go, which is unfortunate IMO but probably a hell of a lot more than "unfortunate" for the people getting their faces pounded in.