• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Good Vibes

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    some LP recommendations if you please, i've only heard singles

peaceNadvance

My recommendation: avoid

• Good Vibes is tight.

• Good Vibes

I would rather listen to side one of this record more than any Roy Ayers record.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    some LP recommendations if you please, i've only heard singles

He had 45's?

I know they made jazz singles back in the day, I just never figured Burton to be that accessible to that particular format.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Good vibes. Also "throb" is okay.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Good Vibes

I would rather listen to side one of this record more than any Roy Ayers record.

Good Vibes

I would rather find a new interest in life entirely than clutter up my apartment with terds like the Gary Burton discography.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Good Vibes

I would rather find a new interest in life entirely than clutter up my apartment with terds like the Gary Burton discography.

Reynaldo, feel free to bid on anything Gary Burton.

• Good Vibes

one gary burton record takes up a whole lot less room than grips of over-hyped smoove-groove records by Roy

Good Vibes

one gary burton record takes up a whole lot less room than grips of over-hyped smoove-groove records by Roy

I don't have those--I'm just rocking with the essentials like Coffey and He's Coming.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Gary Burton and Keith Jarrett S/T on Atlantic from 1971.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Gary Burton and Keith Jarrett S/T on Atlantic from 1971.

• GNZGNZ 68 Posts
    gary burton has never really had amazing records for the most part. His contribution to music/vibraphone technique is undeniable though. the man practically invented playing w/four mallets.

gary burton + keith jarrett (one of the few times keith plays eletric besides with miles, and really thats the only time i like his playing)
    good vibes
    DUSTER W/ larry coryell
    Country Roads
    Gary Burton and Chick Corea
    Like Minds
    Whiz Kids (ecm)

• *shrugs* i actually like some of his stuff. his late 60's stuff with larry coryell and roy haynes is proper. never been too big on "good vibes" though. i never get why that rekkid is sought after more than his others. i guess it's that "las vegas tango" sample?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    And there's a drum break on there too (Leroy The Magician).

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Gary Burton and Astor Piazolla - "The New Tango" is hot. Not exactly Soulstrut material though.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    It never hurts to check the Reviews section for a short run down of a lot of records. I would say "Good Vibes" is the best as others have already pointed out.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/crates/list.php?category=B&page=26

• Cosign on all the mid-to-late 60's Burton stuff.
    I like this one a lot...

• some LP recommendations if you please, i've only heard singles

peaceNadvance

Yeah, pretty much everything by GB thru 1975 is solid.

Altho Larry Coryell annoys me to no end. "Country Roads" is nice cause its with Roy Haynes but Jerry Hahn on guitar instead of Coryell.

• some LP recommendations if you please, i've only heard singles

peaceNadvance

Yeah, you'd be better off just buying the new record by 'Twista.'

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Gary Burton - The New Quartet (ECM)

very nice, pete rock sample raer

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

We need a sound clip

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts

this is the only gary burton i have and it's solid. crazy sounding drum break on side 2 (crazy as in spastic, not funky). which song did pete rock sample?

• Gary Burton - The New Quartet (ECM)

this is the only gary burton i have and it's solid. crazy sounding drum break on side 2 (crazy as in spastic, not funky). which song did pete rock sample?
    the first track "Open Your Eyes, You Can Fly".

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

We need a sound clip

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Alien's "what ______ looks like" pictures remind me of the cover from Aretha Franklin's "Hey Now Hey (The Other Side of the Sky)"

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    cool thanks as always for the recommendations, i shall seek and find