F*ck the Yankees !!

Comments

• aegisaegis 261 Posts

Now go Sox

• jeebus baseball makes me more nervous than any sport. that game tonight afterwards the room smelled like the inside of a mens gym with the BO and everything. i kind of feel sorry for the white sox cause they haven't won since 1917 but i still got to root for my home team (sort of). doesn't matter either team has no chance against the (probably) cardinals.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    How much did A Rod make this year?

Isn't Kevin Brown still on the payroll?

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    How much did A Rod make this year?

Isn't Kevin Brown still on the payroll?

This quickly became my favorite website while sulking over the Indians collapse. It taught me tidbits like: The Indians spent under $2 million on 5 outfielders ($600,000 on Juan Gonz who got injured in his 1st at bat). Bernie WIlliams made $12 million. Bernie Williams!! (although he is one of a few players I atleast respect on the team)

• $205,938,439 still won't easily win championship rings for a bunch of overpaid, has-beens.

i think it is hilarious how the two highest-paid teams (new york and boston) couldn't make it past the first round in the playoffs.

• I'm definitely a Yankees fan (when I'm not rooting for the A's)

whatever ho. nobody cares about your sports commentary.

Actually, you are the person noone was talking to... I don't know where you come off like this. Do you talk to people like this in real life?

I will WORK you SON[/b]

SON I'll talk about whatever the fuck I please, whether that's sports, music, or otherwise. I will do that shit on soulstrut and I will do it in your little bunk ass southern california living room.

I know, I know, this is a music website and you don't know much about music, so you have to have something to hold on to. But please, remove my nuts from the vicegrip and go about your gay little day.

NOW. MOVING ON.

MAn that was a painful game. I AM HATTING ON THE ANGELS ALL DAY BABY!!!!!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    But please, remove my nuts from the vicegrip and go about your gay little day.

• How much did A Rod make this year?

i guess he made about $10,000,000 per hit in the playoffs.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    JP, Yuichi is a standup guy. Sure he's new and doesn't know as much as you about music but you were comparing a SoCal team to baby killers. Plus this is a sports thread and you know it's bound to be "heated."

Both of y'all bring it to this board, don't hate, congratulate.

Can't wait to see what Basketball season does to y'all

love,

Mark

• JP, Yuichi is a standup guy. Sure he's new and doesn't know as much as you about music but you were comparing a SoCal team to baby killers. Plus this is a sports thread and you know it's bound to be "heated."

Both of y'all bring it to this board, don't hate, congratulate.

Can't wait to see what Basketball season does to y'all

love,
    Mark

Nah Mark, if you have read past exchanges dude just feels like he's a super sports expert and if you're not on his level you can't be a part of a discussion. Sorry dude take that shit to espn.com. I've spoken to dude before on PM about talking shit like "whatever ho" and it is not cool and you know it. The fact that he is your boy don't have shit all to do with anything. Next time you are teaching him about breaks why don't you teach him how to conduct himself.

I am a sports fan, I love watching it talking about it and rooting for teams, everything I wrote in this thread was in that context. I have no problem going head up with an opposite fan over this shit, it is all in good fun. Yuichi is a grown up (I think? Dude kind of looks 12 in that flick)... he can fend for himself; if he wants to talk shit to me he can receive the same in kind.

I'm sure he can fend for himself, I'm just putting my opinion out there. I did not know about the PM's, but having met both of you in real life, I can say both of you are stand-up dudes. And yo, why you gotta bring up dudes appearance? You never met dude, so he could very well be a 300 lb. black man pretending to be a lil japanese dude.

Disclosure: I have been a Yankees "fan" even though I don't follow baseball. I am excited about the Astros, though. Too bad about us Padres, ugh.

• I'm sure he can fend for himself, I'm just putting me honest opinion out there. I did not know about the PM's, but having met both of you in real life, I can say both of you are stand-up dudes.

And yo, why you gotta bring up dudes appearance? You never met dude, so he could very well be a 300 lb. black man pretending to be a lil japanese dude.

BECAUSE I'M FEELING FROSTY

Nah seriously though we can be elitist assholes with music, if he wants folks to pass knowledge on he shouldn't be elitist about sports. Because, in fact, this is a music website.

Nah seriously though we can be elitist assholes with music, if he wants folks to pass knowledge on he shouldn't be elitist about sports. Because, in fact, this is a music website.

Whoa.

Soulstrut: a music website for elitist music assholes but non-elitist sports attitudes.

LOL

I'm funnin'. It's 10am and this coffee is nice. Time to go to the post office, batches.

• I'm funnin'. It's 10am and this coffee is nice. Time to go to the post office, batches.

600 miles apart two people are doing the exact same thing.

dude you live that far up the coast?

• I'm funnin'. It's 10am and this coffee is nice. Time to go to the post office, batches.

600 miles apart two people are doing the exact same thing.

haha I too just got back from the post office with the coffee! Make that 5000 miles apart...

Mark I'm saying that it shouldn't be elitist for either. But if it must be, then yes, it is a music (first) website, a sports elitist might be better suited by other message boards, "saying".

• dude you live that far up the coast?

yep. in the lovely confines of cow country merced california. 70 miles from yosemite and 6000 miles from any decent records.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Nah Mark, if you have read past exchanges dude just feels like he's a super sports expert and if you're not on his level you can't be a part of a discussion. Sorry dude take that shit to espn.com. I've spoken to dude before on PM about talking shit like "whatever ho" and it is not cool and you know it. The fact that he is your boy don't have shit all to do with anything. Next time you are teaching him about breaks why don't you teach him how to conduct himself.

I am a sports fan, I love watching it talking about it and rooting for teams, everything I wrote in this thread was in that context. I have no problem going head up with an opposite fan over this shit, it is all in good fun. Yuichi is a grown up (I think? Dude kind of looks 12 in that flick)... he can fend for himself; if he wants to talk shit to me he can receive the same in kind.

whatever dude, "i'm just sittin' here with a glass of wine, talking to this chick on the phone" AND i got a 5 O'Clock shadow, now what!

how to conduct himself.

plain and simple, go back and read your initial post in this thread, and you'll see that blatant and obnoxious posts are not appreciated (and you do it on countless occassions w/out resonable arguments). It's one thing for Motown to criticize the Lakers, it's another for you to step in with "BLAAAAAH,DIE KOBE!!!", "I HATE THE ANGELS!!!".

I'm not even gonna spend a page as to how you're reasoning is twisted in many ways. and whether you want to admit or not, you're a sensitive dude too.

• That's cool and all, but fuck the Lakers and the Angels

I mean look at the title of this thread bro, it's fucking sports. If you want to go and get ass hurt about your teams that ain't got shit to do with me.

• That's cool and all, but fuck the Lakers and the Yankees

I mean really. FUCK THE LAKERS AND THE YANKEES

LOL. Whats good with your sonics this year boss? Or are you gonna fly with my warriors now. They're gonna be good for once!

That's cool and all, but fuck the Lakers and the Angels

I mean look at the title of this thread bro, it's fucking sports. If you want to go and get ass hurt about your teams that ain't got shit to do with me.

yea, but atleast have something to say, besides "YOUR TEAM JUST LOST!!! DIE" nawmean?

THE BIGGEST PAYROLL IN THE MLB JUST GOT ELIMINATED.

That's cool and all, but fuck the Lakers and the Yankees

see, i can handle that.

LOL. Whats good with your sonics this year boss? Or are you gonna fly with my warriors now. They're gonna be good for once!

I only ride with my Seattle teams. I can't just change and jump on bandwagons hommie! lol I am goin to be watching the Knicks to see the Seattle hommies doin there thing.

Today I was hella sick laid up in the crib watching fucking Sonics training camp. NBA TV is

I can't just change and jump on bandwagons hommie!

• pknypkny 549 Posts

THE BIGGEST PAYROLL IN THE MLB JUST GOT ELIMINATED.

And the team with the second highest payroll got swept before them.

Just because you spend a lot of money doesn't mean you put together a good team. Actually, I think the Yanks hurt themselves by being freewheeling with the cheese, by signing overage bums (hi Mr. Brown). I've said it before on here, it's starting to look like the 80s Yankees all over again.

Looking at the list in the link above, why isn't anyone pushing for a salary cap? It can't be good for your sport when a team can spend 7 times as much on players as another team in their division.

• THE BIGGEST PAYROLL IN THE MLB JUST GOT ELIMINATED.

And the team with the second highest payroll got swept before them.

Just because you spend a lot of money doesn't mean you put together a good team. Actually, I think the Yanks hurt themselves by being freewheeling with the cheese, by signing overage bums (hi Mr. Brown). I've said it before on here, it's starting to look like the 80s Yankees all over again.

Looking at the list in the link above, why isn't anyone pushing for a salary cap? It can't be good for your sport when a team can spend 7 times as much on players as another team in their division.

Well most folks out here have been really frustrated because the "team of mercenaries" idea was never flying with the fans. The role players that won Yankees championships are what's missing now. Overpaid bums is right, I never liked Rodriguez and he has definitely been a bust. I've hated Giambi since he left the A's (yes, I'm somewhat skitzo about these two teams) and I continue to hate him on the Yankees, such an underachieving bum. I really wouldn't be mad if Steinbrenner cleared the roster save Jeter, Chacon, Posada.... anyone else?

Saying that, I mean the Angels have what, the 4th highest payroll? We're not exactly talking about the little guy/underdog here.

They were a much better team than the Yankees, although I am surprised that they smacked the Whitesox around last night so bad.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    There is a salary cap. The Yanks and the BoSox and the Mets just pay the salary cap tax! You can't deny A-Rod though. He may not put up $50,000-per-at-bat numbers, but he's still the M.V.P. of the American League. The rest of the team, well, you can have most them.

Go White Sox! We got to get back to business tonight.

• You can't deny A-Rod though. He may not put up $50,000-per-at-bat numbers, but he's still the M.V.P. of the American League. The rest of the team, well, you can have most them.

No playoff experience = not yankee material