marcofunk on the prowl

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    meaty ogre just sold a jazz record from 1983 for $960

dave

Did you see that I listed the soundclips for that auction in my what are you poptarts listening to thread? Shit is so wack.

• who'd win a bid battle between marcofunk and reynaldo?

Marcofunk. Reynaldo seems to lack the instinct or cojones to pull the trigger on something totally unknown - the great collectro leads with his wallet, never follows.

• Options
    I wouldn't pay $50 for the Kelenkye record (in fact, i turned one down for $500 ) . There's plenty better afrobeat/funk LP's and 45's out there.

For one, the pino LP the same seller has up now about to be reissued for us afro small dudes.

I'd rather you spend $14000 on the live Pino LP. I think you'd like it a metric tonne more. Is Miles reissue both "Let's Have A Party" and the live one? I guess I should ask him, eh?

K.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

who'd win a bid battle between marcofunk and reynaldo?

• I'd rather you spend $14000 on the live Pino LP. I think you'd like it a metric tonne more. Is Miles reissue both "Let's Have A Party" and the live one? I guess I should ask him, eh?

I hope both!! (just happened to see the "live" one-sheet so that's definite) All the soundways stuff is just gold.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Man, if I saw that shit
    in a dollar bin I would flip right past! Looks like a marina rock turd to me.
    Then you need to improve your diggin', I would definitely not sleep on a cover like that. It's the latinos man, they got latin in the blood, 4real!!!

Cool, I'll try to improve and start buying Menudo lps for 100 bucks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What kind of parental resources does marcofunk have to draw upon?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Berlusconi

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

I have had a few email exchanges with him and I believe that he is the editor of a magazine newspaper in Italy. He doesnt seem to have a wantlist either, (great collectros dont need em anyway).

He laughs in the face of reasoning, research, or sensability. He is Macrofunk the Destroyer!

• He doesnt seem to have a wantlist either

My face is registering a look of SHOCK.

• did anyone listen to the soundclips on there? i would pay at least 600 for that record (If i had that kind of money that is). That is probably the dopest afro funk record i've ever heard.

$1400 is nothing, dudes do that all the time on ebay. didn't soulhawk sell a vg- record for $6000. meaty ogre just sold a jazz record from 1983 for $960

dave

Dave, you serious? I wouldn't pay $50 for the Kelenkye record (in fact, i turned one down for $500 ) . There's plenty better afrobeat/funk LP's and 45's out there.

K.

from what i heard yeah i'm serious.
    that shit did sound great.

• Options

did anyone listen to the soundclips on there? i would pay at least 600 for that record (If i had that kind of money that is). That is probably the dopest afro funk record i've ever heard.

$1400 is nothing, dudes do that all the time on ebay. didn't soulhawk sell a vg- record for $6000. meaty ogre just sold a jazz record from 1983 for $960

dave

Dave, you serious? I wouldn't pay $50 for the Kelenkye record (in fact, i turned one down for $500 ) . There's plenty better afrobeat/funk LP's and 45's out there.

K.

from what i heard yeah i'm serious.
    that shit
    did sound great.

Compared to what?

K in Canada.

• that shit did sound great.

Compared to what?

K in Canada.
    hell i don't know, just sounded hot to me.

• who'd win a bid battle between marcofunk and reynaldo?

I have had a few email exchanges with him and I believe that he is the editor of a magazine newspaper in Italy. He doesnt seem to have a wantlist either, (great collectros dont need em anyway).

He laughs in the face of reasoning, research, or sensability. He is Macrofunk the Destroyer!

Marcofunk is the champ. Everybody should bow down. If I had that Marcofunk yaper I would get quite follish as well.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

K.

Please to put me up on hot $50 (or less) Afro soul LPs and 45s.

• Options

K.

Please to put me up on hot $50 (or less) Afro soul LPs and 45s.

I wa simply saying that if I found that in a store (not knowing how many marco's it's worth), I'd only pay $50 for it. there's not a lot of $50 (or less) afro stuff, but Aliet and I like this:

Sound is not booming, but the tracks are hot.

K.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I bought that from Dan seeral years ago. Very nice for the price.

• Options
    ...and every release from Miles (Soundway Records)

Kevin in Canada.

• Maybe Marcofunk's gonna snipe this one too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/rare-modern-Northern-soul-Mellow-Madness-on-Mega-LISTEN_W0QQitemZ4779475817QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Currently the hottest modern soul disco single out there ..

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Thats a pretty hott record.

It sounds very familiar. Did someone use anything from this?

I know I've heard parts of this in something...

• Thats a pretty hott record.

Based on the rarity of this piece is I doubt it's been sampled.
    Only a handful of copies in know in collectors hands, Keb Darge has
    been hammering it for quite a while. It's outta North Carolina.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

When he was burlington he played this for me and then proceeded to tell me how he aquired this copy.

He had been asking his buddy to sell it to him for years. So he waits for his buddy to go out of town then goes to his house when his wife is home and talks her into selling it to him for 5000 pounds. The song is ok, but damn............Needless to say I don't think he and the guy whose copy is was are still talking to each other.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    [

He had been asking his buddy to sell it to him for years. So he waits for his buddy to go out of town then goes to his house when his wife is home and talks her into selling it to him for 5000 pounds.

I dont care if he bought it for a million dollars, thats a fucked up move. ...maybe there is more to the story??

By the way, check out the list of people who have so far placed bids on that auction.

One guy is named: ian_wright_wont_win

And later, this guy outbids him: maybe_not_but_neither_will_johan_fredrik_lavik

• When he was burlington he played this for me and then proceeded to tell me how he aquired this copy.

He had been asking his buddy to sell it to him for years. So he waits for his buddy to go out of town then goes to his house when his wife is home and talks her into selling it to him for 5000 pounds. The song is ok, but damn............Needless to say I don't think he and the guy whose copy is was are still talking to each other.

Does that qualify as a "serious move"?

• Thats a pretty hott record.

When he was burlington he played this for me and then proceeded to tell me how he aquired this copy.

That's and old story and I'm not sure it's all truth. I mean Keb can go willy after a couple of whiskeys. What I know though is he paid four figure sums .. which is totally out there for a slab of 7 inch vinyl.

It's due for a re-issue too, so hold ya horses

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

This is record is simply doodoo. No offense to Guzz and the modern heads but I just can't understand what they see in this stuff. Wackness for days.

• Dodo for some maybe, and house diamond for others. Someone just forked out US $3,560.00 for it. That's fucking crazy, and I think it was Ian Wright.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Dodo for some maybe, and house diamond for others. Someone just forked out US $3,560.00 for it. That's fucking crazy, and I think it was Ian Wright.

Apparently I know nothing.