THE ASTROS RUNNING SHIT

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
We won the braves series in four games18 innings today2 grand slams in one game bottom of the ninth 2 outs solo shot home run by Ausmus to tie braves and send it into extra inningsClemens comes into the game and gets the winWhat the fuck is going on? Craziest game I have ever seen!

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yes

• We won the braves series in four games
    18 innings today
    2 grand slams in one game
    bottom of the ninth 2 outs solo shot home run by Ausmus to tie braves and send it into extra innings
    Clemens comes into the game and gets the win

What the fuck is going on?

Craziest game I have ever seen!

We won the braves series in four games
    18 innings today
    bottom of the ninth 2 outs solo shot home run by Ausmus to tie braves and send it into extra innings

18 innings today

18 innings today

18 innings today

Dude, I had HELL OF work to get done today, but I had to sit there for six hours with my alternating rally caps, freaking the fuck out all day.

[exhale]

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    livin astro tell me how you feel

1 2 1 2

• Oh. Hell. Yes.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    18 innings today

18 innings today

18 innings today

18 innings today

18 innings today

Dude, I had HELL OF work to get done today, but I had to sit there for six hours with my alternating rally caps, freaking the fuck out all day.

[exhale]

Man I had so much shit to get done yesterday but instead I ended up watching a fucking 6 hour baseball game. Serious catch up to do now.

• Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
    Enjoy another NLCS defeat at the hands of my hometown CARDS!!!!!

Enjoy another NLCS defeat at the hands of my hometown CARDS!!!!!

We will see.
    The astros took it to game seven last year without their key starting pitchers and the ones we did have pitching weren't rested in the least bit. They have been hitting lately, which is the one big problem we have had this year. Beltran or not, I think we stand much more of a threat and have a better chance to win this year than last. If anything it would be great to see them go all the way, just to really stick it in Beltran's face.

• Enjoy another NLCS defeat at the hands of my hometown CARDS!!!!!

I'm sorry, what was that?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I think the 'Stros are going to do it this year (well--at least make it to the World Series). I can't wait. They were my hometown team. I had seen them play several dozen times when I was a kid (for cheapy cheap-- I was an "Astros Buddy"). I'm psyched.
    oh--and that final play tonight was

• oh--and that final play tonight was

that was a good finish. but was larry walker going on that last ground ball? if he was then that was an ill move to get the double play.

• That game-ending double play was insane. When Houston only has a 1-run lead, it feels like the game is tied (or we're down by one). I forgot that we were actually winning, but when everyone flipped on the double play, I remembered rather quickly.

Being a lifelong Astros fan has definitely tempered my optimism; I bet we lose tomorrow.

• I'm definitely enjoying watching the Astros win. First and foremost I'm a Cincinnati Reds fan, and as such the Cardinals are my mortal enemy. However, the Astros have their Single-A minor league affiliate here (Lexington Legends) and my family's had season tickets for them since they started here 5 years ago, so I've become a Houston fan too. It's interesting watching some of the guys that have played here and that I've met make it to the big leagues. So far, it's more pitchers than anything that have passed through here and made it to the bigs (Mike Gallo, who pitched in Game 4 against the Cards tonight, was a Legend, for example).

Anyhow, I'm definitely an Astros fan, and what makes it even more fun watching them beat the Cards is that a friend of mine is a huge St. Louis fan, and he was giving me crap before the series started about how the Astros didn't stand a chance. It's been a whole lot of fun making my friend eat a bit of crow, giving him shit constantly. Go Houston! I guess the real question now is just how well do the Astros match up with the White Sox.

Man I just got home from the game tonight.

I thought I was going to shit my heart out during that last play of the game.

• oops.

why pitch to pujols ?

no one will ever know.

I'm going to go set something on fire now... Like the cardinals bus.

• YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm down with this!

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    indeed

Houston is insane right now. I have been cheering for this moment for as long as I can remember being alive and the same goes for every other Houston Baseball fans here.

Jesus christ on a cross I am drunk.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

there... there...