Does this iPod DJ set-up make your skin crawl?

idiotproofidiotproof 880 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Look here[/b]Shit is even more ridiculous...HAVE A LOOK HERE REVHEADS[/b]

Comments

• When that shit has all the cdj controls, look out (if you're a CD DJ).

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i like how the buttons look...reminds me of expensive early 80's tape-decks logic controls.

looks nice, but id never buy one

the thing im wondering is why even make this...you could just program a playlist and play it if you wanna play your damn ipod so bad. for some reason dj'ing with ipods just seems reeeeally stupid.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    well, at least it's supposed to be gay.

• yes, my skin is crawling as I write this!

i wouldn't be so against this concept if the sound of mp3's didn't suck so much. i mean, they will make your ears bleed over a loud system.

it's bad enough we have serato scratch.

this is lowering bar so low it's entry level time for EVERYONE to be a dj now!

f u d g e !

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    yes, my skin is crawling as I write this!

i wouldn't be so against this concept if the sound of mp3's didn't suck so much. i mean, they will make your ears bleed over a loud system.

f u d g e !

come on, dude.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    yes, my skin is crawling as I write this!

f u d g e !

Bitter much?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Welcome to 2005.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    with two 60G ipods and using only wav files these could be legit maybe. i agree though it is lowering the bar considerably.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i think a design fault with these things is the jog dials' diameter is so small, that they would be overly sensitive to rotation, i found that with the hercules thing, ie, spinning up like a centimeter is like spinning real vinyl 270 degrees, not very smooth at all

• beg my (long time lurker) pardon here, but is it really much different playing from an ipod, or CD, or laptop, or whatever digital device you're DJing with? yeah, you can do "vinyl'" stuff with the CDs and laptop, but then we can go into the whole "what is REAL DJING" debate, and that one's old, so...

Ipod? *shrug* another way to (hopefully) play good tunes for people.

• To me it's more the ridiculous nature in showing 2 iPods plugged in.
    It looks lke a show-off yuppie wank machine. Who the fuck would have 2 iPods?
    Surely one could mix MP3s (eeeee!!) internally without the need to use/see 2 iPods.
    Just transfer the files via Firewire/USB into the machine.
    Retarded idea for gadget obssessed (mot music obsessed) people with too much money...