RON ENGLISH LP FISH FEET

2»

Comments

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    Oh word. Good lookin' K, I trust your opinion but would love to see a pic. The Black one pumps but foos are always like, ya, what you knwo about the second one? huh?

here it is...

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts

In much the same vein, I would like to see the mysterious second "Combo Xingu" album with the white cover. Anyone got a jpeg or is this Suitcase as well?

It's shit. I've had it and sold it before (for fairly big dough on eBay $3??). I might have a pic sitting on my computer somewhere.

K in Canada.

what about that Combo Xingu 45... anything good?

Don't profess any knowledge of this.

K.

it's called "por chile" and as far as i know released between the two albums!

• Options
    saved me some trouble, thanks. It wasn't bad, but not a banger like the black one. I'd buy it for $50 skins in a store.

K.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Now then, has anyone in detroit ever seen any Strata record with "Promo" on the label?

If I remember correctly, my copy of Maulawi that I sold to a strutter a couple years back had a PROMO stamp on the label (blue label).

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Now then, has anyone in detroit ever seen any Strata record with "Promo" on the label?

If I remember correctly, my copy of Maulawi that I sold to a strutter a couple years back had a PROMO stamp on the label (blue label).

very possible. We used to have several at the radio station I worked at (no, I did not take them).

• Now then, has anyone in detroit ever seen any Strata record with "Promo" on the label?

Yep, blue label with "PROMOTION COPY: NOT FOR SALE" stamp on sleeve and label. Label and cover otherwise the same as the actual release.

(and thanks again!)

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    (and thanks again!)

Ha, I should be the one thanking you as you were financing my move from Portland to LA. Hope it's getting lots of play at the schrockery.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    What's the deal with Fish Feet? Did it ever get released? I'm seeing placeholders on line but I don't see it for sale?

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    it does not exist. there may be tapes and artwork but this was never pressed.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    From the 180 Proof Records facebook page https://www.facebook.com/180proofrecords

April 30 at 4:08am
    Finally, the next ‪#‎stratarecords‬ release on @180proofrecords will be the Previously unreleased Ron English Fish Feet album! We are hoping to have it remastered and ready to manufacture soon for late summer or fall release! The OG artwork done by ‪#‎overtonlloyd

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    cai said:
    From the 180 Proof Records facebook page https://www.facebook.com/180proofrecords

April 30 at 4:08am
    Finally, the next ‪#‎stratarecords‬ release on @180proofrecords will be the Previously unreleased Ron English Fish Feet album! We are hoping to have it remastered and ready to manufacture soon for late summer or fall release! The OG artwork done by ‪#‎overtonlloyd

Cover is :face_melt:
    180 Proof is a Struter, no? Amir? Did people run him off the site when he was asking for financial help?

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    the 180 proof site appears to be down

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's Amir from Kon & Amir behind 180 Proof. I think his SS user name was/is 'davidwingate'.

But I wouldn't blame him if he didn't post here again after the last thread.

• Ok, this lp was NEVER released or made into a test pressing or promo. I have this from Ron himself. I am planning on releasing the lp around early fall. I also have the OG artwork which I found for Ron in the Charles H. Wright Museum.

amir

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    pics or it never happened.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    djtopcat said:
    pics or it never happened.

Who is this directed at?

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    oh sweeeet, looking forward to this. glad to hear 180proof is still in operation.....