Does your significant other trip on too many gigs?

2»

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    my girl trips when there are any kind of girls at shows I'm DJing. It doesnt matter that they're not flirting with me. Their very presence in the same room as me gets my girl angry. If I'm not with her and she calls me, usually the first or second question she asks is "are there any girls there?" Yes, she is

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    my girl trips when there are any kind of girls at shows I'm DJing. It doesnt matter that they're not flirting with me. Their very presence in the same room as me gets my girl angry. If I'm not with her and she calls me, usually the first or second question she asks is "are there any girls there?" Yes, she is
    You're bolder than me. I couldn't say that on the internet. I'm suspicious she's got spyware on my PCs. LOL j.k.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Dude, I'm convincd that you and I are actually seeing the same woman.

• my girl trips when there are any kind of girls at shows I'm DJing. It doesnt matter that they're not flirting with me. Their very presence in the same room as me gets my girl angry. If I'm not with her and she calls me, usually the first or second question she asks is "are there any girls there?" Yes, she is

I have met both and I'm confident that this is not the case. Unless, Cosmo, your girl shrinks and tans very heavily in the summer.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I have met both and I'm confident that this is not the case. Unless, Cosmo, your girl shrinks and tans very heavily in the summer.

Damn,

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Dunno bout Cos's gal, but indeed, my gal is short, dark and strictly legit. One thing is for sure, they are both jealous, loyal?, hardcore early 90s rapp headz and lowrider oldie listening bay area ladies.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    They sure are...

... and here's to them. I wouldn't want it any other way.

• I was talking to my wife about this thread and she posed a very interesting and valid question:

To the dudes whose S.O.'s trip on their gigging, how many of you met your lady at a gig???

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Look mang, this is just one dude's opinion but in general, what you're describing here:

Dude I'm going on a North American tour for almost 2 months and I haven't told wifey yet.

Mad $$$? Yes.

Mad drama? Yes.

Don't know what to do... aside from taking the gig that is. I'm doing it.

Is definitely bound to create some mad drama because it's not like you even consulted with wifey before agreeing to do this. Unless ya'll have some understanding around this sort of thing (which it doesn't sound like you do), I'd expect your girl to feel a little put out by what amounts to a unilateral decision. Provided, you're a DJ, this is what you do...she obviously knows this, etc. etc.

But I dunno man, I don't know if this woman is actually your wife, but if it were MY WIFE, I'd try to pull one of those, "yo baby, I got offered this really great gig for 2 months and I'd have to be tour for it. I know that's a drag but this is important to me. How do you feel about it?"

Other dudes might think that's wuss or whatever but to me, that's just respectful to the relationship, you know? If the tables were flipped, I'd expect nothing less. It's not my place to veto her choices per se or vice versa (well, back when we were dating as opposed to married with child...in which case, we both have some veto power under the circumstances), but it's all in how you approach the issue.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I was talking to my wife about this thread and she posed a very interesting and valid question:

To the dudes whose S.O.'s trip on their gigging, how many of you met your lady at a gig???
    Not me... she's been to some of my gigs, but doesn't remember being there.

Really romantic story - I met my girl at a Halloween party, dressed up like Tyrone Biggums.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    My missus is the one with too many gigs. Rehearsing, recording probably 3/4 days plus 2/3 evenings a week, weekend concerts (Fri,Sat & Sun) at least twice a month and when she's on tour overseas (about 10-12 weeks a year) I'm home with the kids. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Or is is absinthe?