Any way to convert wma files to mp3?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
What is this a tech help desk

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Try download.com, I know there are a few programs that do this.

Also, if you're in a hurry and can't find something (and you only convert occasionally), I've played out WMAs on Media Player and then recorded them on Cooledit by changing my volume control record settings to record "What you hear" or whatever the setting may be on your computer (Main, etc.).

I then strip out whatever little bit of noise may come in during the process and resave as mp3.

• No cooledit or anything. I have Peak but it gave some stupid error message. Maybe I can run these into Digital Performer at home. Fuckin ell.

• Got a silly wma converter on download. Thanks for the info

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    No cooledit or anything. I have Peak but it gave some stupid error message. Maybe I can run these into Digital Performer at home. Fuckin ell.

I don't know what you have, but some cheap sound cards will only allow only 1 source to be played/used at once, so you can only play out something and not record, or only play 1 source and then you get no computer sound effects, etc. If this is the case I recommend picking up at least a SoundBlaster Live which is like $30 at Wal-Mart.

Oh and Download.com has a several progs, for example this one:

Power MP3 WMA Converter 2005 2.0.0.6 Free to try.

• EZ WMA works.

• I thought Itunes would do it for you automatically if you add .wma's to your playlist. Not that Itunes is a reputable converter of anything, just saying.