Describe albums I might want

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Demon Fuzz 2nd LP - ???Beginning of the End 2nd LP - ???Vernon Garrett LP - ???oh and any weird feraky and cool looking modern osul shitthnaks paece

Comments

• oosioosi 40 Posts
    i would also love to hear that 2nd d fuzz record...anyone on here ever heard? how does it compare to afreaka?!...shit come to think of it ive never even seen a scan of this let alone know anyone whos heard it

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Demon Fuzz 2nd LP - ???

Hmmm, didn't even know there was a sequel! Was it released Stateside?

Beginning of the End 2nd LP - ???

It's no longer in the archives, but I asked this question last year, after a reish of their second LP turned up at Dusty Grooves...the response I got was that it was good, but not great (whaddya expect, 1976 wasn't exactly a watershed year for funk, IMO).

Vernon Garrett LP - ???

WHICH Vernon Garrett LP? (Not only does he have more than one, but he is still around...)

• 2nd demon fuzz sucks unless you like folky reggae, i guess soufriere might like it but no funk on it at all. maybe a little black rock vibe. it gets good money though.

just got the reissue for the 2nd beginning of the end, very dope record with if i remember right some snoozers on there but the killer cuts on there are killer! it's not worth the money people are paying for it, but how many big dude records are.

i just picked up a record yesterday you might like adam, platinum hook-watching you. it's like a mini lp with about 5 tracks on there, some strong modern soul.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

WHICH Vernon Garrett LP? (Not only does he have more than one, but he is still around...)

That jawn on grenade that is supposed to be on some really deep soulness.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    2nd demon fuzz sucks unless you like folky reggae, i guess soufriere might like it but no funk on it at all. maybe a little black rock vibe. it gets good money though.

To be honest, the first Demon Fuzz didnt sound very funky to me either. Just like that album by the Next Morning, Afreaka! is just straight-up rock that happened to have been played by black musicians.

• 2nd demon fuzz sucks unless you like folky reggae, i guess soufriere might like it but no funk on it at all. maybe a little black rock vibe. it gets good money though.

Just because you waaay overpaid for it doesn't mean it gets money... no offense... I know the guy you got it from and he was very surprised to get that much money for it.

It's a good record

It's not "funky"

It is a harder sell and less known than their first one

The copy you bought was purchased from a knowledgeable dealer for 40 dolla.

• WHICH Vernon Garrett LP? (Not only does he have more than one, but he is still around...)

That jawn on grenade that is supposed to be on some really deep soulness.

worth every penny...