What's your favorite states in the U.S?

2»

Comments

• Nebraska all day. I've never been there but in grade school we had to do a report on a state and it was picked randomly by the teacher. I got Nebraska and was not to pleased about it. No one wanted to trade. I wrote a story about traveling through time that had almost nothing to do with Nebraska and I got a D, but I still rep Nebraska word.

Fuck Nebraska.

Just send The Faint and all the hottie New Wave girlies to Illinois.

i don't understand all the hate on the corn huskers.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Nebraska all day. I've never been there but in grade school we had to do a report on a state and it was picked randomly by the teacher. I got Nebraska and was not to pleased about it. No one wanted to trade. I wrote a story about traveling through time that had almost nothing to do with Nebraska and I got a D, but I still rep Nebraska word.

Fuck Nebraska.

I'm just being factitious. I've actually never been to Nebraska. But a close friend from that state has told me that outside of Omaha, it's pretty bad, i.e. not much to do and a lot of ignorant people looking down on anyone who is different.

• Califas

• Nebraska all day. I've never been there but in grade school we had to do a report on a state and it was picked randomly by the teacher. I got Nebraska and was not to pleased about it. No one wanted to trade. I wrote a story about traveling through time that had almost nothing to do with Nebraska and I got a D, but I still rep Nebraska word.

Fuck Nebraska.

I'm just being factitious. I've actually never been to Nebraska. But a close friend from that state has told me that outside of Omaha, it's pretty bad, i.e. not much to do and a lot of ignorant people looking down on anyone who is different.

Sounds like a lot of places in america.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

MID-ATLANTIC

• I have to say that CA is probably my favorite state bc of all the diff geography squashed into one state....being able to go from Big Sur to SF in a day, or the desert to Tahoe in a day blows the mind of a midwesterner who's used to six states of flatness in any direction....

but, that said, I just moved back to Chicago after 5 years out in SF and Chicago's home, so IL is a close second solely bc Chicago is so dope. I can't say much for IL outside of Chicago (not hating, just haven't been there) but even if it's endless strips of Wal-Marts, Clear Channel radio and hordes of venomous locusts Chicago's tough enough to elevate the state's status.

I'm pretty sure most places are at least endless strips of Wal-Marts and Clear Channel radio, anyway.

sup, tallbob?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    It would have to be...

Arizona or Cali

Manhattan, NY also!

• Locke, CA[/b]

Located 75 miles south of San Francisco, in the Sacramento river Delta, Locke, CA is the only remaining authentic Chinese village in the United States of America. Although many cities in America have a Chinatown, Locke is the only separate Chinese community that was built by, and exclusively for, Chinese immigrants.

http://www.locketown.com/

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    how bout states i [i]don't[i/] like. i have been to almost all of them, and i dont like kansas, nebraska, and utah.

southern utah is BEAUTIFUL, however, their way of life is very disagreeable with mine. fuck those utards.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    NEVADA

I love Vegas, I love the desert, I love the downright antagonistic attitude that many of the residents have and the idea that their lives are nobody's goddam bizness but their own. Hell, I even love Reno and Parump.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    southern utah is BEAUTIFUL

moab, zion, and lake powell are fucking awesome... as for the rest, my pal and i basically got run out of salt lake city once.

NY- flying out tomorrow... brooklyn is that shit.

OR- portland, stayton, sublimity... much family down in them hills.

IL- chicago might be more fun than NY, cheaper for sure

GA- atlanta and savannah are my shit. going there beg. of nov... wurd.

VT/CT/NH- all super beautiful country.

WA- home... much love to seattle.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    VT

Matt Schnipper says it best

Dear Burlington Vermont,
    You are so pretty. My sister seems very happy there, and I sometimes wish I lived in a small simple place like there and died in fifteen years as a just middle aged man at his prime peak in utter happiness in late September looking at leaves while petting a big, nice dog. Life seems good there, maybe I will live in you one day
    SCHNIPSET

• Maryland of course.........
    Word up G. Bawdimore Merrlin in the Building.

Puerto Rico and the Phillipines my next favorite states.
    .... best thread ever..

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    [quote}

Puerto Rico and the Phillipines my next favorite states.
    .... best thread ever..
    Two more countries and not states hommie. Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, but still a separate country. The Phillipines is mos def not a U.S. state.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

MID-ATLANTIC

SAY WORD!!!! I hate Wisconsin!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Hmm, This reminds me that I insisted to some friends a few months back that I was going to rate and number all the states on how much I arbitrarily liked it. I kept saying things like "I would rank Alabama in my top 5 to 10 states" or "Even though I was raised to hate Michigan, I respect them enough to put them in my 10-20 top states."

But for a short list:

Ohio (raised there), NY (live there), Alabama (visited there yearly as a kid), Most blue states

• Georgia. Some of the locals include(d):

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I know it's comin' bitches!!!

We will become ur favorite state!

• LA[/b]

BAY[/b]

• We will become ur favorite state!

Canada is NOT a state, it's a COUNTRY. Nor is it US territory.

Oeps, you said "will become..." My bad!

• US Virgin Islands.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Georgia. Some of the locals include(d):

GA is starting to grow on me. This my first time down south and it's better than I expected . Cosign w/ Magic Jackson on ATL. Never been to Savannah but this guy who works for me is from there and says it's poppin' out there. Columbus sucks, IMHO.

Also, Alabama is growing on me, too (I'm 10 min. from Phenix City, AL). Montgomery, Birmingham, Auburn, Tuskeegee.... yes plaese.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    US Virgin Islands.

Hommie, you really need to start your own "My favorite U.S. territories, not states" thread.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    NEVADA

I love Vegas, I love the desert, I love the downright antagonistic attitude that many of the residents have and the idea that their lives are nobody's goddam bizness but their own. Hell, I even love Reno and Parump.

Man I live in Reno ...how come we always get shit on....It is kinda dope out here!!

But mine is Cali....I was born and raised I love it there...but it is too damn expensive right now

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Jump back, little doggie.

Some say that Mr. Dynamite is really from SC.

(But he was really born in TN.)

but let me go ahead and represent some SC peoples...

• some cali locals