Hi ppl newbie from the UK

funky4ufunky4u 78 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hi ppl,Good to be on'board'I luv crate digging - couldnt find another place to say hello - so mods - sorrry if this is in the wrong place.Anyone into Mark Murphy here?I Dj alot of Soulfull music, eclectic, new and oldClick for further info on my show:http://www.scratchnspin.net/main/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22&sid=03a13116da4d6a927772a40a7f1a2015So what u all listening to??Cheers.f4u www.scratchnspin.net

Comments

• Welcome mate..
    Mark Murphy is alright indeed.
    I was introduced to the world of 'Stolen Moments', etc...after he worked with UFO many years ago.
    I recently bought 5 Corners Quintet with him on it. It's mighty fine.

• ^thx for the welcome - yes stolen moments is a cool album - the album I really want on CD is "Bop For Keruoac " (Part 1) - long deleted - a few of the tracks are around - but the whole albums never been re-released - ive spoke to mark himself about this - got an interview (epic 1 hour +) recorded due to air so pls join our forum at: www.scratchnspin.net to keepp in tocuh with that info.

Didnt realise mark's on the 5 corners album - will deff check.

I will be playig some of Mark on my show tonite - a Jazz dance / Brazilian Specilial ahead of a gig iI have with Wah Wah 45s records in London this Friday (@ soho spice, london w1 - come along UK peeps!!)

My show time if u want to listen is:

Wednesdays 8-9pm UK time, part 2 also on Wednesdays 11pm -1am UK time

Anyone wishing to get in contact with the show heres the email address:

[email]lineage@toucansurf.com[/email]

If you email your MSN I will message you when the show's on - sorry I cant give you the Aussie times - as Im not sure what time of day it is when my shows on.

The USA times of my shows are:

Wednesdays:

Part 1: 3-4pm EST, Part 2: 6-8pm EST

PST thats: Midday-1pm and part 2 in PST is: 3-5pm PST

Cheers - thx for the welcome.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Welcome Funky4u! Where do you live in the UK? Do you think Jay Dee from Detroit is one of the best producers of all time?
    Right at this moment I'm listening to Billy Jack by Curtis Mayfield from the "There's no place like America today" LP.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Bop for Kerouac is the only Mark Murphy LP I own...or have heard, for that matter.

• Um, er...6AM Sydney time...

Ha, thank the stars for Audio Hijack eh? I can sleep while it records internet radio.
    They might come across like Ogres on here every once in awhile but they are all animal lovers deep down. Bunnies, puppies,elephants, impalas... but I think they like Kudus the most. Ooh there's a baby elephant.

Have fun.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Hi ppl,

Good to be on'board'

I luv crate digging

Hello, welcome aboard

So what u all listening to??

this

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    That's nice.

• Welcome.
    I dig Mark Murphy. I thought 'Bop for Kerouac' had been reissued in some form by 32 Jazz. It shouldn't real hard to find in the US.

Currently listening to Leon Russell S/T

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Welcome Mate,

Hopefully I get a chance to check out ur show.

TA,

DOR/Billy