Rasputins or Ameoba

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Who pays more for vinyl?I need to get rid of a few hundred boo-boo records

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Just go to Berkeley and haul them to both stores. See who offers more. As far as I know the Pleasant Hill and San Francisco Rasputins don't even buy records.

• What genres?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    What genres?

A bunch of stuff:

Rap promos
    80's crap
    Lots of old country

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I've been fairly broke lately and trading a lotta rekkids in at Frisco Amoeba, and I gotta say, as long as the records are in good condition, I've been pleasantly surprised every time. On some "Oh yeah, the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about breaks and will pay for a Steely Dan record in good condition!"

• Yeah, most likey Amoeba then but like Morse Code said, they have to be kinda minty.

I'm always interested in club promos (depending on title), indie stuff, and west coast/bay 12"s if you have any stuff like that. Your PM's are off btw...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    what?!?! no PMs?...

before those fucking places let me come through... ummm, with josh

holler... [email]vinylarc@hotmail.com[/email]

no but for real...

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

you fucking toys out here got records and bring that shit to amoeba? call a motherfucker up cause maybe hes buying!

i buy crap all day from stupid people in stores... id rather give stupid people i call friends my money...

think about that shit morons...

weed high gone... coffee kicked in full gear... sorry.

How do I turn PMs on??????????????????

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    another thing to think of is do you want cash or credit? I'd call either place up and ask them what they give on both accounts. Then bring your emi-good shit to Justin so he can buy it, resell it, get more weed and be cheerful again

dont just email me...

[email]vinylarc@hotmail.com[/email]

ill explain how to do it there... and leave your phone number...

another thing to think of is do you want cash or credit? I'd call either place up and ask them what they give on both accounts. Then bring your emi-good shit to Justin so he can buy it, resell it, get more weed and be cheerful again

I always take credit.

Anyone that would like to have a look at them first thats fine by me. But its a bunch of crap, seriously. Mostly old country and polka.

Once again, how do I turn on PMs?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Personal information, email, password, etc.

• no but for real...

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

you fucking toys out here got records and bring that shit to amoeba? call a motherfucker up cause maybe hes buying!

i buy crap all day from stupid people in stores... id rather give stupid people i call friends my money...

I have 175 records to sell you!

thanks

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    no but for real...

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

Man I save good shit for muhfuckas like you! Trust me, even though its in good shape, even I have been surprised by the shit I've been pulling out of the depths of my room and you DON'T want it dude.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I have 500[/b] records to sell you!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    dude, polka records? don't you have a dumpster nearby? damn...

I have 500[/b] records to sell you!

then how about you (ivan), ross, nat, and someone else come through to sell records at novembers record sale here at my house?... maybe ill get some of these neighbors to let me use their garages so i can get 10 or so cats to sell records...

• I have 500[/b] records to sell you!

then how about you (ivan), ross, nat, and someone else come through to sell records at novembers record sale here at my house?... maybe ill get some of these neighbors to let me use their garages so i can get 10 or so cats to sell records...

Done deal, Family!

• What rap records you got. Fuck amoeba and there credit.

• dont just email me...

[email]vinylarc@hotmail.com[/email]

ill explain how to do it there... and leave your phone number...

sidebuster alert, HELLA.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    For most common records Rasputins is going to pay a little more than Amoeba. Both are priced to sell, but Rasputins is a little more on average. Go into Amoeba and you can expect to get about $2 per record.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    my friend's dad helped start rasputins and according to him the reason it's called rasputins is cause the dude that owned it was totally crazy and actually thought he was rasputin.

• This might be a "duuh, already knew that" but...

You guys ever notice that the Rasputin dude on the logo is Jazzy Jeff (from rear pic of 1st album) with the Rasputin/Jesus lookin face pasted on top?