Bullishin' (MC-related)

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hey Producers Mofos,

Do MCs' bullshittin' ways piss you off? Have you ever fronted off cats after wanting to pull through an hour late for a session? What, like they can pull through anytime like we own a fuckin' hotel, or some shit!!! Why are the most talented cats the least dependable? "Tell me why, I wanna know..." I had a session scheduled today and cat called, runnin' mad late. I said "I've broken down my set-up, and was going to a nap for fighttime tonight", which was true. I've grown really fed up with this bullshit. Rant over!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Hey Producers Mofos,

Do MCs' bullshittin' ways piss you off? Have you ever fronted off cats after wanting to pull through an hour late for a session? What, like they can pull through anytime like we own a fuckin' hotel, or some shit!!! Why are the most talented cats the least dependable? "Tell me why, I wanna know..." I had a session scheduled today and cat called, runnin' mad late. I said "I've broken down my set-up, and was going to a nap for fighttime tonight", which was true. I've grown really fed up with this bullshit. Rant over!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Ha!

Do you know what's worse?

When they don't fucking perform and still want to argue.

"Ehmm... you need to re-do these parts man"

"WHY? They sound dope to me?"

"Ehmm... your off beat?"

"No way, dude."

*sigh*

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts
    I've tried to put a couple "no REAL recording experience" kids down on a track or 2 w/me before. You have to tell them from the gate..."I'm not trying to do no b.s., small-time type shizz, so come right or don't even come at all." You gotta almost intimidate kids into being professional about it before they show up.

I've worked with a few b.s. producers before too. They wanna spend the 1st hour or 2 playin' you some wack shit they did w/ some Murder C wannabe dudes. Like you got all day to review their collection of garbage. I'm like "Yo, put your only decent beat on that I asked for & let's get it crackin'!!" I don't even waste my time with it anymore. You can tell within 5 minutes if a dude is gonna be on some wack shizz. That's when I cut it short & say "that was cool, see ya" and go heemster huntin' or somethin'.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    MCs are like basketball players. Alot of kids can play but only a certain
    percent make it to the NBA and stay in the NBA.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    yo stacks,i feel you man.

You gotta intimidate kids into being professional about it before they show up.

i dont even fuck around with that shit anymore. if a dude has a session at 5, he is paying for that session from 5 even if he doesnt show up til 6. gotta put that foot down.

i dont let cats even hang out. if they wanna come over, its on their dime. i dont have time to put up with this shit.