Suge Knight Pays Dues (already posted?)

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Rap mogul ordered to pay $107 millionThursday, March 31, 2005 Posted: 5:25 AM EST (1025 GMT) LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Rap impresario Marion "Suge" Knight has been ordered to pay $107 million to a woman who claimed she helped found his ground-breaking music label, Death Row Records, before being pushed out when Knight realized how valuable the label was.A Los Angeles judge ordered Knight to pay Lydia Harris $47 million in economic and non-economic damages and $60 million in punitive damages, according to a March 9 minute order.Superior Court Judge Ronald Sohigian issued the default judgment after ruling that Knight and his attorneys failed to comply with the court's order to share evidence with Harris and her attorneys during trial preparation.Neither Knight's lawyer, Dermot D. Givens, nor his publicist could be reached for comment.Knight founded the label now known as Tha Row Inc. in 1992, signing some of the world's biggest rap artists, including Tupac Shakur, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. His stable dominated rap music for much of the 1990s.But Knight was imprisoned for five years in 1996 for violating probation on an assault charge.He was released in 2001 but went back to jail two years later for punching a parking attendant at a Hollywood nightclub.The rap mogul also has had his share of troubles in civil court. He was sued by attorneys for alleged unpaid legal fees in 2003 and by the mother and wife of fellow rappers who claimed they were defamed in a song he produced.

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    HARRY O GETS PAID....A MONUMENTAL MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    YOWZAH

shit, i helped found Death Row too. let me get a slice of that

Suge is really gettin the jist of his bad karma

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    And to top it all off, his given name is still "Marion."

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Anybody read that Ronin Ro book? I read it. Forgot the title, I think it's out of print. He stirs up a lot of dirt on Suge. I think it's out of print because I can't find it. From Vanilla Ice hanging, to Puffy affiliate urinating on, he covers it all like a golden shower from the Dark Knight himself.

"Got Your back" by Frank Alexander is interesting too. He was Tupac's bodygaurd when he was killed. I would never say Suge had Tupac offed on a public forum , but I wouldn't argue against it. It's pretty obvious.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Unidentified woman found dead

Friday, April 01, 2005 Posted: 3:12 AM EST (0812 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- An unidentified woman was found dead yesterday evening, the victim of an apparent homicide. The woman, who appeared to be a middle-aged African-American, was found in a dumpster yesterday morning by McDonald's employees as they arrived for work. An initial autopsy by the Los Angeles County Coroner uncovered approximately 25 compact disc copies of Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" lodged in her rectum.

When reached at home, Dr. Dre commented, "Well, at least they weren't downloaded from the Internet."

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Anybody read that Ronin Ro book? I read it. Forgot the title, I think it's out of print.

I>A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0385491352/qid=1112373909/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-3656421-9413504" target="new">Have Gun, Will Travel/I> /A>

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Unidentified woman found dead

Friday, April 01, 2005 Posted: 3:12 AM EST (0812 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- An unidentified woman was found dead yesterday evening, the victim of an apparent homicide. The woman, who appeared to be a middle-aged African-American, was found in a dumpster yesterday morning by McDonald's employees as they arrived for work. An initial autopsy by the Los Angeles County Coroner uncovered approximately 25 compact disc copies of Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" lodged in her rectum.

When reached at home, Dr. Dre commented, "Well, at least they weren't downloaded from the Internet."

gold.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    did you find that on http://www.gizoogle.com/ ?