being a dj + having nomadic tendencies = no fresh

tiger_blurptiger_blurp 275 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Moving across the country with records and little money is a royal pain in the ass. I just needed to say that.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    explain...

• I really enjoy trying out different cities, and I've moved around a bit the past five years. I absolutely love trying to live in new places, but I hate having to deal with my records, because, of course, I really love my records. I seem to always forget this until it comes time to actually move my damn records. I spent the last three days scrambling to move out of my L.A. apartment, in preparation for a move to NY. I can't afford movers, I can't afford a truck (and especially the gas that would fill the truck), and I don't think I can afford shipping. What I can afford, is fitting whatever I can into my Mazda Protege and driving it wherever I need to go. But despite my best (albeit, rather pathetic) efforts to trim my record collection so that this is possible, I still have too many records to fit in my Mazda, and that frustrates the shit out of me (even tho it's my own damn fault).

I was catching my breath in my storage this afternoon, and suddenly realized that my inability to part with my vinyl and my turntables does not mix at all with my desire to travel the world. And my back hates me right now.

I think that covers it.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

for real. get serato or some shit. No one feels bad for you.

• Please to blow me, both of you. Thanks.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    haha nice.......

can't you rent one of them trolleys and tow that w/ your protege.

• Forgot to ask at the Uhaul spot yesterday. Last I checked, they didn't have a hitch that fit a 99 Mazda Protege, but I have to see if one of the others will work. Last day of work today at the shithole. Just finished getting out of the apartment this morning. So once I catch my breath, I'll look around and see what's good.

I ended up getting that laptop after all, btw. It'll be waiting for me when I get to BK. Just got the invoice today. Step one, man. Did you already make that trip to NY?

• Seriously, get some q-tip style storage and get serato.

The joys of digging for vinyl will fade and the joys of pestering nerds for ftp access will take over.

Having less stuff is good.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    THIS JUST IN......

NO MORE RECORDS ALLOWED IN MY HOUSE.

• Damn, L! You off to NYC now? SEKKLE DUNG, YUTE.

(SF not an option, huh?)