MP3 to AIFF conversion - HELP!

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I need a favor yalls.I have three MP3 files I need converted to AIFF format so I can use them in Flash.Normally I use Soundedit to import the tracks and then save them out as AIFFs, but for some reason, Soundedit isn't recognizing anything on the disc.Is anyone out there in Internet Land able to get these songs from me via Instant Messenger, rock the conversion, and then send them back? I'm trying to do this Flash file tonight.It would help me out a ton and I'd be very grateful.Thanks in advanceMIKE

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    are you on a mac?

burn the mp3s as an audio cd using iTunes--the audio cd will then have the tracks as aiff files on it if you open it in finder

• Mac or PC?

• Send them shits to me.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    um you can just do it in itunes. Instructions are for itunes 5

in your preferences, go to advanced, then under "importing" select aiff. Highlight the 3 mp3's you want to rip and then select convert selection to aiff under the advanced menu.

• um you can just do it in itunes.

PERFECT - that worked like a charm.

thanks aser!

and thanks for the help offers errrybody else!

m

• You should be able to import mp3s into flash just fine tho? Unless you use some weird bitrate setting.

• I think Flash will only import AIFFs, maybe WAVs also.
    You can use MP3 compression to lower your file size once they're imported, but it won't let you use MP3 files from the get-go.