Lunch at Popeye's

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I was having lunch with three friends at Popeye's today. For the hardcore Popeye's enthusiasts who wanna know, we split a 16-piece meal with biscuits, mashed potatoes and red beans and rice. Anyways, we're sitting at a booth right by the door. About 30 seconds into our meal, the following encounter occured, word for word:Random guy leaving the restaurant: Good chicken, huh?Me:

Comments

• I was having lunch with three friends at Popeye's today. For the hardcore Popeye's enthusiasts who wanna know, we split a 16-piece meal with biscuits, mashed potatoes and red beans and rice. Anyways, we're sitting at a booth right by the door. About 30 seconds into our meal, the following encounter occured, word for word:

Random guy leaving the restaurant: Good chicken, huh?
    Me:

Out of all the sides you had...which was your favorite?

• The one on Lake St?

Had some food at that place.

• Is there another one in MPLS that you recommend beyond the one on Lake? That's the only one I know about.

It was weird the way this guy said that to us - as if he thought we were all just discovering this strange new cuisine for the first time in our lives.

• I think the Lake location is the only one in the TC. There are good other places to get chicken, but that's all the $$ Popeye socked away after all those years in show business.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Eating at a chain like Popeye's is so cracker.

You gotta hit up the neighborhood BBQ and wings spot with the hand-lettered signs.

oh and this has nothing to do with anything:

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    biscuits, mashed potatoes and red beans and rice

i'd tap

• NO, no popeyes in australia. peace, stein. . .