Record Boxes on TTL (who buys this shit related)

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
In their new arrival section they have $79 record boxes. WTF who buys this shit? I had a custom cabinet built for $99 that holds around 700 records. An expedite isn't much more. Its plywood and fucking plywood. I am sure they are "well crafted" but for real.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    In their new arrival section they have $79 record boxes. WTF who buys this shit?

Reynaldo... particularly when it has a Pete Rock logo stencilled on it.

• That shit is way overpriced but I think TTL has a pretty loyal customer base that will pretty much buy anything. Record collectors tend to have a lot of cash to throw around.

• Record collectors tend to have a lot of cash to throw around.
    Record collectors tend to have a lot of cash to throw around?[/b]
    RECORD COLLECTORS TEND TO HAVE A LOT OF CASH TO THROW AROUND?[/b]

Who are these mystery people? They surely aren't on here.

You must be talking about the Japanese, in which case they probably have their own native TTLab to buy from.

• No doubt there nice but you can buy a shelf that will hold hundreds if not thousands for $99!

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=11499&langId=-1&parentCats=10104*10173

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    No doubt there nice but you can buy a shelf that will hold hundreds if not thousands for $99!

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=11499&langId=-1&parentCats=10104*10173

Man I should have bought 2 of those for 2 bills instead of one of the 5X5 one's!

birdcall

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Man I should have bought 2 of those for 2 bills instead of one of the 5X5 one's!

birdcall
    Dude the strut has been on point with the gut wrenching laugh out loud at work ish the past couple days

• any of ya'll ever have problems w/ overloading those shelves? WWW says 29 lb's max per shelf and I KNOW that the amount of records you can fit per cube probably weighs almost twice that. I'm just asking b/c I'll be buying these soon for my almost completed family/dj/tv/entertainment room...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    No doubt there nice but you can buy a shelf that will hold hundreds if not thousands for $99!

yeah but then we would have never had that cute matching photo.

• Man I should have bought 2 of those for 2 bills instead of one of the 5X5 one's!

birdcall
    Cot Damn!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    WTF who buys this shit?
    Great collectros. $79 for a record box is really nothing.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yeah. i saw these. $79 is steep considering you'll probably need a grip of 'em. they look sharp though.

do it up fancysexycool like above and you're already over $300 with shipping.

• Just put together 6 13"x13" birth veneer crates for $90 and have enough for another.

The best part: they're big and sturdy enough (3/4") to ship records in when I move. I'm sick of having to go buy a shitload of boxes whenever I move. You know a lot of crates are backed with crummy 1/8" plywood that's stapled on and are only 12" TOTAL depth, so about an inch too short to come over the end of the record. So the records stick out of the crate. Can't stack em like that in a moving van... plus with the thin backs the backs would come right out.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    shipping for "the box" would be 12 bucks! ha, what a steal.

• In their new arrival section they have $79 record boxes. WTF who buys this shit?

a demographic who thinks they're too sophisticated, but refuses to make the effort to enjoy anything of substance