jamba juice

catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
edited April 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
saying...

Comments

• usurping lucky's? fuck that.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    yeah, but still. its errrwhere now. the pineapple joint is fucking me up somethign serious.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i don't really like jamba juice. but i will say this. one time i ordered a "cold buster", when i was suffering from a cold. the guy working there recommended that i go across the way and pick up a pack of halls and he would then grind the halls into the jamba juice. so i did. it only tasted alright, and it didn't really do anything for my cold. still i like the fact there is oppertunity for such modifications.

it's a lot like driving a

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i don't really like jamba juice. but i will say this. one time i ordered a "cold buster", when i was suffering from a cold. the guy working there recommended that i go across the way and pick up a pack of halls and he would then grind the halls into the jamba juice. so i did. it only tasted alright, and it didn't really do anything for my cold. still i like the fact there is oppertunity for such modifications.

it's a lot like driving a

That sounds disgusting... not unlike Reynaldo's plan to airbrush Sage Francis on a crucifix onto the hood of his Scion.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    you need to stop by our place some weekend morning, cause the big bammer can fucking destroy the smoothie. in california, i was a jamba juice regular, as it was the best excuse to walk outside the office most afternoons. but now, after years of making them myself (i lived 40 steps from the farmer's market = 3 lbs of fruit for $5), jamba juice tastes like chalky, sugary, yogurt unfreshliness.

my blender is set to thrill. it's all ole girl can do to hold back from sexing me up after sipping my potion. re-defining brainfreeze. and you know i am a direct descendent of the Boysenberry Mafia???????[/b], so i know how to handle me some berries.

but what does all this matter to a young boss who barely has time to update a website, much less spend time blending in the kitchen (no grandmaster)? "smoothie in the whip" is the '05 look in money makin', i hear...

p.s. i keep a baggy of spirulina in the fridge door for those morning that demand phytonutrients.

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    DIY is where its at for smoothies if you can do it. obviously a farmers market would be killin it, but if you just get some frozen fruit mixed bags at the grocery, add some good juice, a spoonful or two of sorbet and some yogurt...that shit will be so on point...but this thing is KEY

...braun hand held blender thing, cordless if possible. saves you the mess of cleaning out the blender glass etc etc. just throw all your goodies in a cup and get to mixing..

• saying...

I got the orange berry blitz on lock as we speak. don't usually mess with the boosts if necessary.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    those hand blenders are all right but y'all need to be able to seriously crush some cubes if your makin a real deal smoothy.

frozen wheatgrass is where it's at.

get yerselves one of these babies:

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

wheatgrass is where it's at.
    cosign.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    wheatgrass? spirulina?

damn and to think i thought i was rocking three different berries, some plain yogurt and some vegan rice protein in my smoothies!

as much as jamba juice is tasty... theyre like the starbucks of smoothies or something. 3-5 bucks for a smoothie? damn are you serious! theyre loaded w/ sugars so watch out.

but yeah plaese to explain this frozen wheatgrass? are you saying you dont have one of those trays growing on your windowsill?

-rich

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i just had a fresh homemade mango milkshake and it was FUCKING GOOD.

that is all.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh jamba juice works, but thedownside is they use mostly juice instead of actually blending tha fruit... still if ya get the Large its almost a meal in itself.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    frozen wheatgrass you can get at a good natural food store.

looks like an ice cube tray.. ecept the cubes are green... pop out a cube.. and throw it in the blender with the rest of the ice and mash it up propa.

got me a mango right here ready for the sacrifice.

the next level shit is what my wife's on... all raw food diet.. primarily juices.

you need one of those industrial style juicers.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Jamba Juice? You mean Juice Club! Been their since day one.... I ain't Mango for nothin! Shoot Diamond Push up's on the ladies is my specialty, ya heard!

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    This fall I was posting about pumpkin flavor (limited edition, you missed it) and everyone was like EW then Ross came on here and was like psst yo I tried that shit it's good and I was like I KNOW

wait until October your world will get so much more legitimate

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This fall I was posting about pumpkin flavor (limited edition, you missed it) and everyone was like EW then Ross came on here and was like psst yo I tried that shit it's good and I was like I KNOW

Ethical dilemma: I am friendly with Ross's fiancee--do I have a moral obligation to tell her about this canoodling?

• Ethical dilemma: I am "friendly" with Ross's fiancee

(Not so)Aside to Schnipper: I was thinking about pumpkin blast smoothie when I saw this thread. I remember taking a sip and laughing out loud. It was good, but I was over it about 2/3rds of the way through the cup.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    Ethical dilemma: I am "friendly" with Ross's fiancee

(Not so)Aside to Schnipper: I was thinking about pumpkin blast

wait until October your world will get so much more legitimate

Fo Real 2 Christmas's back they had that Peppermint and Strawberry Creme oh snap the Peppermint was off the MeatRack ish was soooo good! Any Orange Dream Machine freaks out their? My old pal swore it tasted like Orange Julius.... Close at least... Nowadays amabout the Unlightened Mango ish, lite but filling...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    FAUX:

Is it better to have a Jamba Juice before or after Yoga Class?

• FAUX:

Is it better to have a Jamba Juice with Russell Simmons before or after Yoga Class?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    FAUX:

Is it better to have a Jamba Juice with Richard Simmons before or after Yoga Class?

• so i know how to handle me some berries.

paging kingmost ... AYO! in aisle 7

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    FAUX:

Will a thighlet disturb my chi?

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    DIY for sure. Next SS thread:

___Post Pics of Your Blender (NoHomo)___

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dont have a blender, but damn I love me some jamba juice. Or robeks cause its closer. I fuck with the berry lime sublime or the cranberry quest joints.

Matter fact, im about to go get one now!

FAUX:

Is it better to have a Jamba Juice before or after Yoga Class?

After Wing Chun Class!!! Jamba is wonderful after doing stances!!! If there closed I hit up the Local BOBA Joint, Melon with Green Tea Boba's!!! Fo Sho! What yall know about the BOBA! I know it aint Fett...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Dear lord, Mangoman's finally gotten to addressing boba on Soulstrut...there goes the neighborhood:

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW BOBA CONSISTS OF LARGE TAPIOCA BALLS YOU SUCK THROUGH AN X-LARGE STRAW. THE BOBA BALLS ARE PLACED IN A VARIETY OF FLAVORED DRINKS. THIS IS A POPULAR DRINK IN ASIA AND ASIAN COMMUNITIES THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.

It ain't as bad as I've made it to sound, just pre-empting some ayyooo.

Plus the places that serve boba usually serve some tasty appetizers and other drinks. Did I mention cute asians waitresses? Soulstrutter girlfriend alert, hahahaha, yikes.

YES MY FRIENDS, SUPER AYYOOO. In Taiwanese, boba (pronounced "po-ba" is slang for "large breasts."