good songs on impulse

2»

Comments

• kilogramkilogram 152 Posts

I can see hyderNZ's perspective. There's nothing I want less than to hear a "beat digger" take on pharaoh sanders' "black unity". Sanders has been covered a lot (then as well as now) and I'm not sure what a new perspective could bring.

there's a fourtet edit/mix of black unity he made for djing a few years ago with heavy drums.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    i think imma do Journey in Satchidananda. watch me try and make this a club banger.

no offense at all, but please don't.

big co-sign, what we really need is a trance version of love supreme, it is what the world needs

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

big co-sign, what we really need is a trance version of love supreme, it is what the world needs
    Yes.. yes. No.... hmm.. no. I can't decide. Am I cosigning this..? Not sure still..

I'd do Pharoah Sanders' Elevation[/b].

On a similar note, the nicest remix I've heard in this area is Herbert's remix of Karin Krog's Meaning of Love

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    hey yall. its your favorite herb super producer.
    i asked yall for some advice for this remix project I did for verve couplw months back,... and yall had really good ideas but they were too original and I forgot that these projects are usually corny and I ended up doing the only left cause i was so late to be asked to do it.
    it turned out good and its only on the japanese release of the verve remixed jawn.
    (walter wanderly's popcorn)

I'll have to check it out.

If no one else has done it, how about Pharoah Sanders' "Black Unity[/b]"?

• milt jackson-enchanted lady. that guitar at the beginning.mmmmm.