David Blaine: DISCUSS

Comments

• GOOD records in NY.

• I think Derren Brown could give Blaine a run for his mulau.

Dude is rocking some serious mentalism type steez.

• i like his street magic stuff but those 3 day long stunts i could give a fuck about, pretty sure theres people who go days without food all the time.

You know, I think you may be right.

• Hell, I can do the actual levitation trick.

• I can do that making ash appear in the hand one.

It was good at parties, but its played out now.

Derren Brown is better than Blaine.

• A tosser with a Jesus complex.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    You all are harsh.

What the fuck entertains some of you? He does some things without a doubt.

Throwing the card at the restaurant window (with people eating inside) and having it stick against the glass on the other side was crazy.
    Or the cab that drives by with the guys name on it. etc. etc.

Come on.

• When he did the Above the Below thing in London people chucked eggs,sausages,bacon,beer cans,golf balls etc at him.
    "It makes you proud to be British" wrote The Times.

Also Paul McCartney had a fight under the box he was suspended in.

• What about when he went on GMTV with that eye drawn on his hand........

What a NUMP

• His best friends are Michael Jackson, McCauley Culkin and Uri Geller. I rest my case.

• Also, a fool hanging around in a box above the thames or stood shivering his ass off like a gimp in a block of ice VS............ a dude performing live russian roulette.. ?

.............. yaoming?

I'm not saying its particularly clever, but its a little more exciting than watching a dude stood doing absolutely nothing.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I never thought anybody would surpass Kanye in terms of doing anything for attention, but I think we've found a new poster boy.

Blane has still yet to release 2 overrated albums.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    You all are harsh.

Throwing the card at the restaurant window (with people eating inside) and having it stick against the glass on the other side was crazy.

Come on.

Im with day. I know the shit is tricks, but it is still pretty wild. It is entertainment. I dont watch movies and call the actors frauds because they are portraying a character. LIGHTEN UP>

People just want to be hatters.

As far as his 3 day stunts go....... Shit is still impressive. I would like to see any of you do those things.

The "not eating" stunt isnt just about not eating, but also the isolation and standing still. the "other people who havent eaten" also arent in a block of ice or buried in a box. Its just about stamina and pushing yourself.

• His sleight of hand work is cool, though I've heard magicians say he's a hack.

This dude, righte here, is the man[/b]

Blaine also needs to drop that "mystical" stuff, because it makes him look like an idiot...

• Is this shit for real?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    south park episode of Blaine as a cult member rocked

• anyone see that shit Blaine did on Carson Daily or some shit where he faked ripping his own heart out(while Carson looking like he was going to pass out)? Shit looked fake as hell and people act like it was amazing or some shit. Its 2005..aint yall ever looked at Fangoria magazine growing up?

• ayoayo 44 Posts
    well, the list of women he has smashed is no joke. Including Madonna, Darryl Hanna, that model chick Josie, and i am sure many others.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Thought bubble:

I should be ashamed of myself. The disappearing penis trick is making this WAY too easy...

• Dude is an entertainer. I saw him on TV once and was entertained. So in my eyes, he is a successful entertainer. Also, after the show I immediately hit the internet to see how he did all that stuff. Most of the magician message boards that had folls asking how he did it were like soulstrut. Magic Concealed, and/or 'take that newbie shit to the-magic.com'. and what not. Old head magicians were unimpressed and hatting pretty hard.

• 'take that newbie shit to the-magic.com'.
    LOCATION.

• Thought bubble:

I should be ashamed of myself. The disappearing penis trick is making this WAY too easy...

You'd think with all of his mystical powers he could turn that into a good looking woman....

• Thought bubble:

You'd think with all of his mystical powers he could turn that into a good looking woman....
    HAHAHA!! Is that a poor man's Cameron Diaz?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    nah, this would be the best magician of all time:

but in all honesty, it sucks how harry houdini died

• You all are harsh.

Come on.

Im with day. I know the shit is tricks, but it is still pretty wild. It is entertainment. I dont watch movies and call the actors frauds because they are portraying a character. LIGHTEN UP>

People just want to be hatters.

As far as his 3 day stunts go....... Shit is still impressive. I would like to see any of you do those things.

The "not eating" stunt isnt just about not eating, but also the isolation and standing still. the "other people who havent eaten" also arent in a block of ice or buried in a box. Its just about stamina and pushing yourself.

He can do good tricks but he is a still a git. What's more other people who are less gittish can do the same tricks. As for not eating and standing in a block of ice, if it's a test of endurance and islolation go and do it in your freakin' bedroom, David. That shit is about TV specials, books, DVDs and publicity not a noble quest to show the indomitability of the human spirit. So, nice tricks, meglomaniac tosser.

I fear we will have to agree to differ.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I used to want to be a magician, I have read a lot of books when I was younger.

I have to say David's card tricks are amazing. All card trick are based on a few fundamental "tricks" usually called forces, where you basically force the person to pick the card you want, it take a lot of practice, but after years and years of practice you could do it with out anyone ever having the slightest clue. So its up to the magician to present the knowledge of that card in what ever way they want, mind reading or "is this your card" etc etc. But like Day said, having someone put a card inside a restaurant window, that shit is crazy. All his tricks like that are all set up WAY before he does them. It may look like he is just walking around but obviously that is one of the magic???s of good editing.

But regardless, as a magician he is very very talented, you can tell he has mastered his craft and you have to respect that. Its funny to see him turn some of the most simplest tricks into such a show, that is truly what a entertainer does.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I just liked the fact that he bought it to the people. He interacted with everyone around him on the streets. Who else is doin' that shit in the ghetto's? In poor countries? To rich celebrities? To the average guy? The best parts are the peoples reactions to his tricks.

• Is this shit for real?

Word.

Dude does some pretty mindblowing shit (excuse the pun).

Here are some decent videos of his skillz. Czech it out.

(The lost taxi driver one is dammn funny and pretty easy to do yourself if you know what you're doing).

LOST TAXI DRIVER

VOODOO DOLL

MAKING PEOPLE MYSTERIOUSLY FALL ASLEEP BY CALLING PHONE BOXES

The phonebox one is kool too. Nobody knows what he says to them to make them suddenly go like that though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

come on dude.

Not you Mr. Lee, but all the folls saying all that greater than/less than David Blaine/this guy etc.

I'll take a dude floating in the middle in the street in front of a city full of people over an actress pretending not to move.

But let me watch these other videos before I form an opinion on this guy.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    nah, this would be the best magician of all time:

i know some peeps who know blaine and claim he is cool but he just seems mad cornball to me...