red cross

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
i not sure if people are interested in this anymore, but...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050928/ap_on_re_us/katrina_red_cross_hk4

Comments

• Indeed the corporate/bureaucratic aspect of the Red Cross is pretty disturbing, and right now it seems increasingly apparent. Not to mention the ads, practically everything commerce related currently dons their logo, I've seen it at my bank, in Safeway, ATM machines, the Post Office, all over TV, etc. I'm glad they are helping and raising a large amount of funds but I feel the littler dude organizations could do much more in immediate aid as well as permanent community repair with that kind of dough. Not that the Red Cross is necessarily shady as that remains to be proven, but perhaps a little caught up in crimson ribbon.

As far as federal monies go, I find it disturbing to hear that 90% of the contractors that are being hired to to structural repair are far from local, companies like Halliburton, etc.

And something like 50 billion of the alloted funds to the already mismanaged fema...