Big Daddy Mag Mixtapes

ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Hi All,I had the Mixtape with egon and dante but it got stolen from my car by some bitc*.I loved so many tracks on this mixtape! It simply ment an incredible source of funkinfo to me when it came out. Now I just read on the board that there were other funk mixes in Big Daddy Mag that time as well... Could someone please post me a list of who did funk mixes for the mag and how much funk mixes they released? Thanks!ScopePS:Even better: If someone have them already in digitized format, please let me know and feel free to hit me up on a yousendit link

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I believe that they only did two tapes. The first was by Ian Wright, and the second was by Egon and Dante.

dont know where to get them, Im looking as well.

• I'm pretty sure I've got the Egon tape somewhere, if I can find it I'll mp3 it for you.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Hi All,

I had the Mixtape with egon and dante but it got stolen from my car by some bitc*.
    I loved so many tracks on this mixtape! It simply ment an incredible source of funkinfo to me when it came out.

Now I just read on the board that there were other funk mixes in Big Daddy Mag that time as well... Could someone please post me a list of who did funk mixes for the mag and how much funk mixes they released?

Thanks!

Scope

PS:
    Even better: If someone have them already in digitized format, please let me know and feel free to hit me up on a yousendit link

Do you mean the cds that came with the magazine?

• I don't ever had a Big Daddy magazine, I only bought a used Mixtape (cassette) from a dude. So I thought there were only cassette tapes made??

enlight me please...

SC

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I don't remember if the tapes w/included with the mag or if you had to buy them separately (I believe it was the latter)

Later issues included a CD on the cover

[BTW, I broke my purple BD CD that reads 'The Peoples Champ' on it, can't remember which ish... can anyone hook me w/a CDR or MP3s? Can't remember what was on it but I remember it being good]

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    The Two tapes were for sale throught the mail order section. (5-pounds at the time).

The Three CDs were free with certain issues (glued on the cover).

Issue 2 came with a flexidisc with an unreleased eddie bo track. It took me forever to find my copy. (or maybe this should appear in the imaginary records thread...)

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I don't remember if the tapes w/included with the mag or if you had to buy them separately (I believe it was the latter)

[BTW, I broke my purple BD CD that reads 'The Peoples Champ' on it, can't remember which ish... can anyone hook me w/a CDR or MP3s? Can't remember what was on it but I remember it being good]

yeah, the tapes you had to buy. I know of at least two, that might be it. There were 3 Big Daddy CDs that came with the mag and 4 from Grandslam.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    dude. that dante/egon tape was included in my heatrock lot that i put up a while back. i have no more copies or i'd hook it up.

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=425105&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

you on soulseek?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I am... hopefully you haven't banned me

Whats yer ID?

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    I am... hopefully you haven't banned me

Whats yer ID?

meep1234

dunno if everything is perfect though - CD was somewhat scratched

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I don't ever had a Big Daddy magazine, I only bought a used Mixtape (cassette) from a dude. So I thought there were only cassette tapes made??

enlight me please...

SC

There were 13 issues I think and some had some a cd, I only got 2 of them. Then there was the Grand Slam magazine which had 4 cds (I got all those) mostly soul and funk but also some hip hop tracks from like p brothers, dooley-o, edan, ... .

• dude. that dante/egon tape was included in my heatrock lot that i put up a while back. i have no more copies or i'd hook it up.

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=425105&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Fuck. That went cheap. Alone the Troubleneck hits around 55 or more. Damn. I stopped checking HeatRocks after the first day. Shit got out of hand.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yeah. dude got it for cheapo. the postage alone was like $15. i was hoping it would raise more $$, but oh well.

[salt]foolios would rather argue about what private press record is doper i guess.[/salt]

• yeah. dude got it for cheapo. i was hoping it would raise more $$, but oh well. [salt]foolios would rather argue about what private press record is doper i guess.[/salt]

Yo if I would've seen it I would've bid more for sure. Too many heatrocks to sit and look through them. I probably missed on so much. Arggggg. Damn that one gets me mad cuz I just bought that Troubleneck with some other things.

Payed 52 and it came with a handful of more 12"s that I will probably sell so I feel I got Troubleneck at a bargain.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    I used to have two copies but gave one to the Soul Rabbi. Do you have a double tape deck so we can dub it?

• awallawall 673 Posts

I have that somewhere. mostly badly recorded neo-funk and british throwback rap. i remember there was a good j zone cut and a p brothers cut that was alright. other than that it was terrible. came w/ the biz issue.

• [BTW, I broke my purple BD CD that reads 'The Peoples Champ' on it, can't remember which ish... can anyone hook me w/a CDR or MP3s? Can't remember what was on it but I remember it being good]

I have that somewhere. mostly badly recorded neo-funk and british throwback rap. i remember there was a good j zone cut and a p brothers cut that was alright. other than that it was terrible. came w/ the biz issue.