crossbronx expressway?

schobbejakschobbejak 36 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody know about this? They got a great track with the same name I heard a couple of years ago, but can't find any info about it. Is there an lp or 7" inch? Is it old or recent? Thanks for the help, I'll try and contribute as much as I can to this board, but my knowledge is pretty small compared to most people on this forum.Greetings from Belgium

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    it came out on Zells back in the day.. (70s) purple label, worth a couple of bucks... was on a Keb Darge comp or something like that (DeepFUnk?) a few years back... there were like one or two other releases on the label which i recall but cant remember any artist names (woman singer possibly?)

anyway, buy the comp.

oh yeah, and its Cross Bronx ... two words.

• I got pulled over by the cops while driving said expressway...I was exhausted from too much record digging that I didn't pay attention to driving properly.

That track can be found on Keb Darge's Legendary Deep Funk comp, volume 1.

• ok, thank you very much

• Ok, thank you very much. Didn't check that first volume out yet

• Options
    was on a Keb Darge comp or something like that (DeepFUnk?) a few years back

It was on Ian Wright's tape that came with a Big Daddy mag.

K.

• the b-side, "help your brothers," is even better IMO. dante blew it up when he put it on the 2nd big daddy mixtape.

• the b-side, "help your brothers," is even better IMO. dante blew it up when he put it on the 2nd big daddy mixtape.

I agree.

Did we ever get a full track list of that set?

I know it had the Caprells, Amnesty, LA Carnival, and Gene Anderson, but who else?