philly record show

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
october 22 is the next record revival at the ukranian clubthats a saturdayfull barfish frychili ho downsoulstrut guest appearancescheap cratessteals dealsmealsand sdealer tables for under $40mad girlieswooly bluntsstunts and find out how philly gets down you filthy animals

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i miss record shows.

ain't been to any for almost 2-3 years

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    are there "chinatown busses" from boston to philly?

I'm feelin' this...are Flyers tix expensive?

• dont know the range of the shaolin shuttle. if you can get boston to nyc, odds are the nyc philly joint is on the same block. look up 21st century bus lines

what kind of flyers you talking about?
    there used to be a team by that name around here...seems like years ago

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What's the time on this gonna be?

I'm teaching digital video to middle schoolers on some Saturdays in North Philly now, so I'm hoping for the usual lazy man's 4 p.m.

• can't make it dudes.... woulda loved to tho

• Yo, I may have to grab a table, my brutha. Gots to unload a lot of this vinyl clutter at the crib. PRICED TO SELL.

• Yo, I may have to grab a table, my brutha. Gots to unload a lot of this vinyl clutter at the crib. PRICED TO SELL.

Phill if this is true I'ma have to hang out and hustle. I'll tell you to YOUR FACE that jherri rap is "THE REAL SHIT"! syke, at least I'll introduce myself this time.

JS

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    what time is this? might consider the drive up from richtown. been a long time since a decent record show.

anybody wanna go with me? mord? cousin larry? fatback?

• drewn,
    time is still tentative, but b*n said that its probably gonna have to be earlier, maybe 12 - 6.....unless we want to overlap into folklorish ukranian functions (yodelraer)

the world has been waiting! mothra returns!

• damn, i'll be out of town that weekend. have fun at the ukie!

also, trip: be sure to price/organize/label those crates to avoid *any* confusion...

• looks like i'll finally be able to make one of these.

• what time is this? might consider the drive up from richtown. been a long time since a decent record show.

anybody wanna go with me? mord? cousin larry? fatback?

PM sent

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Is this at the Ruba or at the Hollertronix Ukie?

I ain't been to one of these yet. I might bring some gems for trade.

-e

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

Tony dont forget to bring your young boy assistant! ... Dune and Guitar Interludes for $3

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Last show:

Guy who organizes show (DIG):[/b] "Yo, man, show doesn't start for another 15 minutes."

Me:[/b] (sees friends in there already digging furiously.. decide to be that guy and name drop) "Aaah... hey.. I'm RAJ from Soul Strut, you promoted your show through my message board."

Guy who organizes show (DIG):[/b] "Didn't you say on the board that the last show sucked and that no one should bother with this one."

Me:[/b] "Aaah man... that was just a joke. I guess you don't get my sarcasm? (more records for me)"

Guy who organizes show (DIG):[/b] "Sure.. wait 10 more minutes buddy."

Me:[/b] "Hey Tony!!"

Guy who organizes show (DIG):[/b] "Alight man, you can go in."

Tony dont forget to bring your young boy assistant! ... Dune and Guitar Interludes for $3

I hit hommie back for the lost paper for what I purchased, but yeah...

And watch your back for Musafah...(or whatever his name is). Dude came up by playing ignorant and aloof when asked about what he got from those boxes.

drewn,
    time is still tentative, but b*n said that its probably gonna have to be earlier, maybe 12 - 6.....unless we want to overlap into folklorish ukranian functions (yodelraer)

No Saturday school teaching for me that day, just in.

Geeuh.